OT - movie - PS I love you

Options
OMG, I watched this movie for the first time this week and I cried, and cried and cried. Did I mention that I cried!

Great movie for all you sappy people out there. Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler (hottie) star in it with a few other big names.

Loved it!

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    OMG, I watched this movie for the first time this week and I cried, and cried and cried. Did I mention that I cried!

Great movie for all you sappy people out there. Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler (hottie) star in it with a few other big names.

Loved it!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I LOVED it too!!! I totally connected with the theme of re-discovering yourself. That's what made me cry the most...the journey in finding and being the NEW me!!!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I saw it a few weeks ago. I didn't cry, but LOVED IT!!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy - I cried my eyes out and so did my husband!!! LOVED it. And how hot were the Irish guys?! OUCH! :devil: :blushing: :heart:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I must be the odd-ball chick here
    YES, it was sad.... but I thought *gulp* bor-ring

I told my mom the title should have been P.S. Just shoot me...

Sorry, just another gals perspective :)

Kim
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    LOL-- tooo funny, Kim. I can't wait till I have time to watch movies again, and the energy to stay awake during them. I LOVE a good tear jerker-- I cry at Hallmark commercials!
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi

I must be the odd-ball chick here
    YES, it was sad.... but I thought *gulp* bor-ring

I told my mom the title should have been P.S. Just shoot me...

Sorry, just another gals perspective :)

Kim

You're too funny!:laugh: I liked it but that is exactly how my sister felt about it So I thought it was funny to read it from someone else:-)
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    lol, I think it depends what kind of mood you are in. I'm like that too sometimes. People will tell me how great a movie is and then I see it and I think to myself "wth were they thinking!" lol

I got to watch it by myself which was really nice.

:flowerforyou:
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I bawled through the whole movie! The previews looked great, but the movie turned out terribly. It took me three days to watch and wouldn't suggest it to anyone, not even those who like tear jerkers. Love Hilary Swank, but this one was too much.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh I think I'd love it....love my chick flicks and if that means crying...I'm in!!! :heart: a good :sad: LOL it cleanses the soul!!! lol

especially if you're not crying over something in your life! right?! lol

hugs and thanks for the review Mireille and stacesand.....I'm gonna check it out....I'd even go for a boring movie if I could watch it in peace.....:grumble: LOL

hugs!
    Ali
  • snow7kids
    Options
    Okay, normally when someone outside my immediate family says they really liked a movie and I didn't I keep my mouth shut so I don't insult their taste etc. But, since it looks like a couple of others didn't like it, I can speak up:smile:
    I saw this after christmas because I thought it looked cute and I had been given free tickets.
    I hated this movie from start to finish. It actually made me angry sitting through it, watching other people in the audience react by laughing or clapping....I felt like I was the only one who was so bored I was staring at the side walls of the theater and counting the tile design that I had never noticed before.
    It also didn't help that the couple next to me was bilingual and the man frequently translated parts of the movie to his date while they giggled.:mad:
    I thought the actors were good looking:tongue: but that's about it.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Well, you've convinced me to rent this movie and torture my husband and son by watching it!! I never get to watch chick flics anymore (I am the only female in this house, even my cat is a guy lol). Friday nights we have family nights and we'll sometimes pick movie night, and I usually rent, hoping to satisfy everyone, but I think I'm gonna be selfish for once, or I'll never get to watch it!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - I'm going to rent it!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, I loved this movie to.
  • areason4stars
    Options
    It was okay.

didnt love it, but didnt hate it....

I usually love these types of movies too
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Glad you liked the movie! Thanks for the movie recommendation! :happy:
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I didn't particularly care for it. I just don't think Hillary Swank is that big a deal and throughout the movie all these guys were into her. I didn't see it. maybe I'm just jealous of her size 0 figure. lol then again, it's hard not to see her as a boy after that one movie.

last weekend I rented, "Definitely, Maybe". Super cute movie with Ryan Reynolds (cutie!) and Abigail Breslin (his daughter).
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    aww now i dont know if i want to see this movie or not...
    i wanted to see it coz papa winchesters in it
    (denny from grey's)

so ... this movie isn't worth it then :huh:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    This movie is a perfect "home-alone-and-I-wanna-cry" movie!! Me and my box of tissues enjoyed it tremendously! I would NOT even consider asking my husband to watch this one....and he's not opposed to a chick flick now and then.
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOVE Gerard Butler - he's in a couple new movies this summer. My favorite parts of PS I love You were when Hilliary and he were in the scenes together - very good movie.