I cannot even believe it!!!!

WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
My grandmother is very old fashion and it is very say it like it is no matter what. When my grandfather was alive he always told me that I looked fat and honestly I loved him for it! So my grandmother yesterday says to me

"You should start eating before you get too skinny and die"

I wanted to hug and kiss her and thank her...LOL. I am far from too skinny and have been really struggling with motivation and dropping the last 12-14lbs. It was nice to hear that I was GETTING skinny and that fat never came out of her mouth.

YAY me and YAY her for noticing!

OHH AND!!

A little more success.....The last time I bought a pair of Old Navy jeans they were a 12. I bought a pair the other day in a 6 and they were a little too big....so even though they run big I am a 4!! A 4!!!

Replies

• twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    I know how you feel... My dad told one of my kids the other day that "if mommy loses any more weight in her legs, she will end up having skinny turkey legs like her grandfather had!" It was pretty funny to hear him say that because like you said, I am also not close to my goal weight and still have another 34 pounds to reach my goal weight. I have lost 32 pounds so far. Good job and congratulations to you!
  • lstrachan
    lstrachan Posts: 20 Member
    LOL!! That's funny & sweet. Congrats on the size 4...... I don't even want to think about attempting a 4.
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Wow. Fantastic feeling. Well done for all you've achieved x
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    THAT is awesome and hilarious!!! You've got to love comments like that! I saw my Grandma a little bit ago. Hadn't seen her since last Thanksgiving. She told me "Tara, the last time I saw you, you were plain fat. Now I can hardly believe thats you." Not even as a compliment, more or less as a fact. Ha ha! Gotta love grandparents!!! :o)
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Clothes shopping is the best reward - especially when a smaller size feels big! Congrats! We all know how hard this is!
  • wonderwiiwoman
    wonderwiiwoman Posts: 25 Member
    It makes you feel awesome when someone notices!
  • My grandmother is very old fashion and it is very say it like it is no matter what. When my grandfather was alive he always told me that I looked fat and honestly I loved him for it! So my grandmother yesterday says to me

"You should start eating before you get too skinny and die"

I wanted to hug and kiss her and thank her...LOL. I am far from too skinny and have been really struggling with motivation and dropping the last 12-14lbs. It was nice to hear that I was GETTING skinny and that fat never came out of her mouth.

YAY me and YAY her for noticing!

OHH AND!!

A little more success.....The last time I bought a pair of Old Navy jeans they were a 12. I bought a pair the other day in a 6 and they were a little too big....so even though they run big I am a 4!! A 4!!!

Congradulations girl you must feel amazing! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!