How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Every day at 6:35 right after I wake up. I also use an app called Carrot^3 Which you enter your weight into daily and if you gain it yells at you. It reminds me of GLaDOS from Portal

And then once a month I use a measuring tape to see if there are any loses
  • Tee_geee
    Tee_geee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but I only log once a week, on the same day, at the same time!
  • ljoynes
    ljoynes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They say once a week but it's hard to do that, I think, after being sleeved because you are losing the weight so fast that it's exciting to see the weight come off so I probably end up checking it several times a week. It's motivating to me to see the weight coming off.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day kinda? It is basically whenever I remember to do it first thing in the morning. Make sure to at least weigh in every Sunday but could not go with once a month or something like that. Clothes stretch if you gain weight gradually and possibly by the end of the month, 5 or 6 pounds is back on and we all know how those pounds are much harder to lose than they are to gain. For me, it is a reminder of what I'm trying to achieve.

Completely depends on the person though. You have to try different ways and be mindful of how they make you feel and react.
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure on the 28th of every month....Just make sure i log my intake and exercise...try to monitor trends in my diet . I found it a lot less frustrating than to weigh weekly and I could never have the fortitude to weigh daily like some people(God Bless them)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and go with the trend. You just need to come to terms with the fact that there will be fluctuations and even if you weigh once a month you might not see the results you think you should.

1) Set reasonable expectations. With the amount of weight you have to lose (per the ticker on your profile), 1/2 a pound per week is best. Be patient.
    2) Learn and understand that fluctuations happen - water weight comes from many sources such as high sodium intake, new workouts, monthly hormone cycle - and will screw up your weigh in. This is just part of the process, don't freak out if you see a slight uptake or even stall out for a week or two. As long as you're eating at goal, you wil lose.
    3) Don't compare yourself with others. Forget about what you see on weight loss shows, or even how your best friend is losing faster than you. Focus only on your goals.

I was down to my lower weight in years of 166.8 on Sunday morning and this morning I weighed two pounds more. Was that a real gain? No...I didn't overeat by 7000 calories this weekend. I'm just retaining water from eating salty foods and not drinking enough water. Plus (TMI) I hadn't pooped yet.
  • NyssaDuck
    NyssaDuck Posts: 50
    Options
    Find out what works for you. Everyone is different. I weigh daily in the morning and track it on a graph. It works for me, as the fluctuations don't bother me but on a graph I can see the general trend. So, you really need to just try it out. Go with the once a week if you feel that's best, once a month, or never. You could just measure instead (I do both).
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Part of my morning routine and sometimes before I go to sleep. I just wish there was a gauge on my wrist telling me my current weight though.. :tongue:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Daily.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think every other day is probably good. It's not obsessive, but it also doesn't leave that once a week problem. If I weighed in every friday I might find myself gaining two pounds from salt the night before and it wouldn't give me an accurate overall estimate as to whether or not my weight is trending up or down.
  • sarahmichel101
    sarahmichel101 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in 3 months! I don't like the whole number game, and I am worried that I will get discouraged. My clothing is bigger, so this site is working for me. I agree with those who say it depends on your mindset. Do what you can handle, and consider not taking the numbers personal. I know that is harder said than done (which is why I don't weigh), but if you just look at it as a temporary number it is less harmful.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Too often!!! I was trying to go once a month but longest I have achieved without weighing is 2 weeks. Now settled into once a week - sort of with an occasional 'in between' weigh in. Try to record it once a week.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. I'm much more likely to obsess over the numbers if I weigh myself more often.
  • autotek
    autotek Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself several times a day

get a good scale i use the omron 514
  • GroverBlue78
    GroverBlue78 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I only officially weigh myself once a week, recently I have been checking every few days more just to see how my diet and dinner time are effecting me. I feel like I must stop that though because when I see those 2lb swings (mostly up) it gets me bummed out.

I would say at minimum do once a week, usually the same day and roughly the same time. I usually do Thursday mornings right after my morning wee. I do a few stretches to loosen things up and then hop on before the morning bustle
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I'm more interested in the trend line than the numbers. I actually find the more often I weigh the less interested I am in the actual numbers.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Only at the doctor's office.
  • Misscherokee3
    Options
    It's good to weigh yourself weekly on the same day of the week, do it in the morning before you eat and drink, definitely after using the bathroom as weird as it is to say. Good luck!
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday, at this point. So just once a week.
  • livelovetravelxx
    Options
    I weight mine once a week at the same time of day