New breakfast option

Options
Hi All,

Today I have tried a new type of breakfast however I am too scare that I over did. Basically I had 200 gr of fat free greek yogurt and just over 200 grams of fresh fruits(apple melon and strawberry)..

Is this too much?? (my diet is about 1200 a day at the moment)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why as a 24 year old male are you only eating 1200 calories a day? Unless you're 4 foot 8 that is not enough food. I'd have a look at your goals you can lose weight and eat far more there is no need to starve yourself.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Why as a 24 year old male are you only eating 1200 calories a day? Unless you're 4 foot 8 that is not enough food. I'd have a look at your goals you can lose weight and eat far more there is no need to starve yourself.

probably wants to drop 2 kilos a week..

slow down, bro :glasses:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    That's just silly. I am a 5ft 2, 37 year old woman and I eat between 1500-1900 calories a day to lose weight. You need to eat more. My 8 year old boy eats more than that.
  • bbcardlover
    bbcardlover Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eat more if you want to lose the healthy way. You should be in the 1800-2100 range depending on your size.
  • lucacaretto7
    lucacaretto7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1200 was what was suggested to me by fitness pal. All I want is lose 0.5 kg a week. and it is working so far. I am not loosing much more than that. I am regularly going to the gym too.

I am on a healthy weight, now, finally and I would like to introduce some food back in. I am too scare tho to put everything back .. :/

~Does that type of breakfast sound ok to you?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt and fruit is fine for breakfast. I wouldnt necessarily go for fat free yoghurt, though, and 200g sounds like a lot.

But if it fits in your daily goals then there's no problem.
  • lucacaretto7
    Options
    it was fat free indeed. 0 fat Greek yogurt.!..is that OK than? :P
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Often items that are fat=free have other nasty things added to them - usually sugar. You need to read the labels carefully.
  • lucacaretto7
    Options
    per 100 grs

It says 55 kcal
    fat 0.2 g
    satured 0.1

carb 4.8
    which sugard 4.2
    fibre 0.4
    protein 7.6
    salt 0.2

what do you think?(obv everything is times 2)
  • ZaftigLor
    ZaftigLor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find the protein in 0% Greek yogurt gives me good energy / takes me through until lunch. Why not try it on one or two days and determine how your body feels (and whether it leaves you too hungry later with too few calories left?)
  • lucacaretto7
    Options
    To be honest the whole thing is about 320 calories which should leave me with enough calories for the rest of the day. Besides as you said it is very filling