I'm new almost 6 months after having my first child!

Options
Hi! I feel a bit embarrassed about joining, but I'm having a hard time losing weight. I gained 20lbs before I got pregnant and then 50lbs during pregnancy. I managed to lose 30lbs of that 3 weeks after baby was born, but now I'm struggling to lose more. I still breastfeed every 2 hours, and you would think I'd lose some weight, but I haven't. My goal is to lose all the weight I packed on even before pregnancy + 5 extra lbs. :)
Hope to get to know you all!

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Embarrassed?!!? What for? Taking charge of your life and fitness should never be embarrassing. So glad that you are here. You'll get tons of support and answers. Don't be shy. We are all in this together.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    welcome....good luck ... awesome place to be n plenty of support...no negitvity at all!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Welcome to the most awesome weight loss site ever!! Everyone is amazing and full of encouragement...we are ALL working towards the same goal: A Healthy New ME! Your baby is BEAUTIFUL!! Look at those cheeks!!! How come those cheeks are only acceptable when we are that age? Hehehe! Anyhow, welcome, enjoy, use the forums and enjoy the friendships!!! :o) These people are amazing! :o)
  • nmh1989
    Options
    Thank you. :smile: I feel much better joining now.
  • opiechick
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too! My son was born just over 3 months ago and I BF for the first 2 months and almost lost all of the "baby weight" but when I quit BF The weight began to come back. I'm hoping that with mfp I can kick my butt back in gear and take care of me and reach the goals I had in place before pregnancy too.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Welcome! This site is wonderful and we are all here for the same reason so no need to feel embarrassed! My son will be six months old in a little over a week so I really know what you're going through even though I was overweight before getting pregnant. Log everything you eat and be honest with yourself :flowerforyou: