A good strategy on maintenace?

Options
I expect to reach my target weight by the end of Jan, I might drop 5-7lb below target to give myself a little leway, i was gonna increase my calorie intake from 1500 to 2000 to see how that goes and find a good balance after that. What would anyone suggest as an alternative?

Replies

• bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was told to stay around 1550 calories to maintain if I wasn't going to be working out but would still be running around doing my every day errands and such. I wasn't able to work out for about 2 months straight and I didn't gain anything back.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I made my goal, I upped my daily allotment 100 calories at a time every 3-4 days until I got to my maintenance daily allotment. This ensured my body wouldn't go crazy with the sudden excess of food and hoard some for later. Now I do a yo-yo calorie allotment in that I might be 300 under one day, 200 over another, etc., but over the course of the week I break even. This helps keep my metabolism guessing and not getting lazy. This helps with the days I just not hungy enough to eat all my calories and for those days that I'm just ravenous and need more than my allotment. So far it seems to help and I don't let the red on the over days get to my head because I know it's not hurting me in the long run.
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people recommend increasing your calories, say 100 at a time, and see whether you can maintain - seems sensible. I got from 1200 to 1400 and starting piling on the pounds again, so have cut back down. Damn my metabolism :-(