19lbs in 4 weeks

Options
I know its not healthy or a particularly good strategy but Ive dropped from 229 to 210 in 4 weeks doing enough exercise to bring my net calorie intake in at just under a 1000 a day, I'm a 6ft 2 male aged 39. Hopefully I can keep it off anyone with similarly quick weight loss managed to keep it off?

Replies

• harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OMG I hate you lol lol I have lost 10 lbs in 7 weeks....

Good for you kepp mup the good work :o)

Tammy
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We have pretty similar stories.

I'm a 6ft 3, male aged 25 and I too lost 19lbs in the first 4 weeks, since then I have managed to lose a further 34lbs over the last few months averaging a loss of 3lbs a week fairly consistantly by making sure that my intake is around the 1200 a day without exercise.

it is possible to settle into a routine and maintain the loss beyond the initial burst and I'm now about 5lbs from my goal.
  • cgian
    cgian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    j
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    What does a typical day look like as far as what your eating? I've lost 9 lbs so far this month (since Dec 1 starting at 230 and now 221) by eating the flat belly diet and exercising. I want to at least get to 15 lbs lost this month. yeah i know its not healthy to drop weight quick but being 230 isnt healthy either.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Great job! How did you do it?

I've lost 18 lbs in the last 19 weeks from doing Turbo Fire 6x/week plus counting calories and drinking Shakeology daily. I've maintained a 30 lb loss for the last 5 years just from working out and eating right. This last 18 was in addition to the 30. It's hard to maintain the loss but it's worth the effort!

Sharon
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    It is unfair for women to compare to men weight loss. Men have higher metabolism than women do naturally. I know my first time I lost weight several years ago before I relapsed, I was going to LA weight loss and it was mostly women there. They all were hating me except for my trainers. They all understood that men will naturally lose weight quicker but we also tend to gain it quicker if we aren't careful.

Be careful and make sure you are eating enough or your body will go into starvation mode and start storing all the fat that it can.

Great job in your weight loss!! I am pushing a 20lb loss myself but I am trying my best to keep it around 2lbs a week. I am eating smarter and only working out about 3-4 times a week. I really want to be careful that I don't yo-yo again.
  • sinbad1971
    Options
    Like I said I certainly wouldn't say Im doing it healthily but it is working and I feel good not too many hunger pangs. If I get a bad hunger pang I do 2-3 sets of 20 sit- ups seems to stave it off. Exercise wise nothing drastic though I do a lot of walking around 5 mile per day typically, the walk to work and back clocks up around 3 mile of that so I include that as exercise as otherwise I'd be driving. That plus 3 half hour workouts per week means I'm burning around 5000 cals a week in exercise. I've avoided eating proper meals opting for cereals with skimmed milk for breakfast around 300 cals, a sandwich at lunch around 400, and another 400 at dinner time plus 6-7 cups of coffee per day. bringing my intake in around the 1400 mark. After exercise mainly walking comes in under the 1000 mark. I should say though I was a moderate to heavy alcohol drinker before and this I have completely cut from my diet.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I really want to caution everyone, and especially any women who have just had babies and are breastfeeding, NOT to try to lose more than a pound and a half a week. Our bodies store MANY toxins in our fat, so when the fat is broken down, those toxins are released into our systems. Our livers and kidneys are able to keep up with the extra demands of a 1 - 1.5 pound-per-week loss but they can be poisoned by heavier demands (and nursing babies can't handle it at all.) If you have lived a very clean life, organic foods, no smoking, no smog, then go for it, but if you are the average American, it really is dangerous. You gained the weight over a long period, lose it over a reasonable period as well.
    (I'm a Masters degree nurse, specialty-Midwifery)
  • Hitsujikai
    Options
    Like Sinbad I have also given up alcohol since starting with MFP.

I walk alot at work (I work in a hospital where being on my feet and moving for 8 hours straight isn't abnormal) and think nothing of going for a 3 mile run when I get home.

I'm finding myself getting really tetchy with my family on days when I don't exercise. I don't go over the top with the exercise either, 4 days of 30 minute jogging sessions, 1 hour of football and 2 rest days per week have been enought to maintain my weightloss.
  • gtfosnorlax
    Options
    HOW?!?!?!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Why are you people finding this so hard to comprehend? I think you'll be okay so long as you do what that other guy said and do your best to keep it off. I am a very short woman so I can't even compare but I know that when I've lost more weight than I can even believe I take the loss and try to work harder to keep it off. And I don't think you're doing it necessarily the bad way either. Soo good job!
  • sinbad1971
    Options
    My mom always used to say something about not eating after six o clock at night, that definitely gone in subliminally, Before I'd think nothing of eating 7-800 calories just before bed so I guess the drastic change has a lot to do with it. I think a light 4-500 calorie meal at dinnertime is the key followed only by low calorie drinks afterwards. If I'm hungry towards the end of the night I tell myself I will have a decent breakfast in the morning. I agree with the lady about losing it quick being bad for you, wouldnt want anyone to follow my method if its risking their health.
  • Hitsujikai
    Options
    Bread, Cheese, Alcohol, Potatoes and Red meat have all been cut down (or in the case of alcohol, cut out completely) and haven't been missed from my new diet.

And this is coming from someone who used to thing nothing of having 2 cheese on toast sandwiches (two slices of toasted bread with a fair amount of cheese between them, microwaved to melt the cheese) right before bed. I looked it up and those were ~600 calories each! Thats half of my current daily goal!

A light breakfast (yogurt), decent lunch (chicken sandwich & an apple) and a hearty dinner (whatever I fancy!) usually see's me through the day.