Best day to weigh in?

Options
I read a comment on here where someone said they weigh themselves after a rest day because that's when they're retaining the least water... is this accurate?

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't think retaining water would be related to whether it's a rest day or not. I think the most important thing is to weigh in the same day every week, preferably first thing in the morning. I belong to a First Place 4 Health ( www.firstplace4health.org ) group, sort of like a Christian Weight Watchers, so I weigh in the morning we meet...Tuesdays. Sometimes people just make things too complicated w/science. ;-)
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    It just means that after you lift weights, etc. you are more likely to have extra water weight due to muscle repair. I lift 3x a week and it's not enough of a difference to matter. Just pick a day and weigh the same day/time each week.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself a few times a week but always in the morning for consistency. but okay was just curious!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    There's so much fluctuation from day to day...the people I know who weigh more than once a week just seem to be making themselves crazy. Overjoyed because they "lost" 1/2 pound one day, crushed because they gained 1/2 lb the next day. I guess I just prefer a weekly appointment of either joy or mourning. ;-)