Calling all tall girls, glamazons, and those in progress :)

Options
I am back on MFP after a two year stint in grad school where I managed to gain back about 15 of the 20 or so pounds I managed to lose when I first joined and I have, unfortunately, lost a lot of my support system and friends that I had inititally!

A little about myself - I'm 25 years old, 5'11, 202.8# as of this morning, with a goal weight of 165.0. I was about 185# when I started grad school and the stress eating, late nights, and end of a relationship led me to gaining most of it back. I'm a registered dietitian and I know how to maintain my weight and eat healthy - it's always been a motivation issue and an issue of getting into a routine for me.
I just got my first "real" career and am looking forward to settling into a new routine - and finally being able to afford a decent, not bare-bones gym!

I'd love to get a big group of new friends who want to support one another, especially other tall girls with similar weight goals, but I am open and excited to be a part of the MFP community again. ADD ME, and post for others to meet you! Cheers!

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'9" and looking to lose 16lbs, can I get in on this? My diary is public, feel free to snoop.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    hey there -

I'm 5'9" currenttly 143, trying to shed the last 5-7lbs.

Finally starting to be okay with how I look and not worry too much about the scale....but its hard. LOL
  • bhayyy
    bhayyy Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'10...I've lost nearly 80 but looking to lose about 10 more. I'm trying to work on getting my eating habits back under control; I've become a little too relaxed and that's not going to help lose this last bit. Feel free to add me!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have about 20 more to go. :)
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5-10. I started on here in December 2013 at 182 and I'm currently at 166. I'm looking to lose 4-6 more lbs. Feel free to add me, I will be remaining on here for maintenance!
  • Melanncoli
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'9 and looking to lose about 16 pounds... i've lost 2 since I started MFP two weeks ago. I love the app. Journaling definitely keeps me in check!
  • ALC32JB
    ALC32JB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6 footer here with 100 lost (have kept it off for 3 years but stuuuuuck for that long too) and a goal of another 50 by my wedding in October! :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Another tall girl here. :)
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 132lbs and just about on the verge of maintenance :)
  • woods_deana
    Options
    Hey there! 5'9" here. Really just starting my journey of trying to get the weight off, for the millionth time. [; I want to loose around 35lbs that way I'm in the "healthy" BMI range. Feel free to add and support!
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi tall girls,I need some motivation from you all. I'm 5ft 9 and about 185lbs, I need to get to 165 and I've been on a plateau for about a year, seriously! I just bought a nutribullet and am loving it, please add me as a friend if u want xxx
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    38, 5'10, 137/138Ibs, aiming to get to 133 then maintain around there.
    I have low bodyfat (14%) so losing anymore might not work out. I am very active, doing a combination of running, elliptical, weights circuits, martial arts fitness and cycling.

I like friends who have similar goals, especially in terms of food intake (I net 1500-1700 calories).
    Feel free to add me if you are a fellow foodie.
  • Lina_Loo_15
    Options
    Love this post! I'm 5'8 and about 134 pounds. 27 years old with a crazy busy lifestyle. I also just rejoined MFP. Getting ready to embark upon a P90X3 journey. Feel free to add for support and motivation.
  • LJFitzSimmons
    Options
    I'm just under 6 foot, and my goal weight is 80kg (175lb)... currently 103kg (227lb) so I have a long way to go! But determined to get healthier, and make the most of my height and figure :) at a later date I might change my goals slightly, and aim to lose a little more, and build it back up in muscle and improve my figure, but for now I need to get back to a healthy weight!

I'm recovering from quite bad anxiety, and have a history of depression (which is one of the reasons why my motivation had been low enough for me to pile on weight over the past few years...) so my diary is private as I'd probably stress far too much about anyone seeing it :/ but you guys are still more that welcome to add me as a friend!

(Should probably mention I'm 20 and called Jasmine too, haha)
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'10" 215 trying to get down to 170.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    6'2", between 175 and 180, 18% body fat... looking to hit 15-17% body fat and 185 lbs max.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'10", 155 lbs. and 34% BF...but I've lost over 40 lbs. so far. :wink: I'm more focused on getting my BF down to see what that does to my overall appearance. It hasn't been easy! Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and got about 30 left to lose (down almost 14 over the last 5 weeks). After two kids I put on too much weight, and 2013 was a good year for me personally and professionally but not for my tummy :) Feel free to add me, so great to have positive support on MFP
  • kaymjacques
    kaymjacques Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", I am 200.5 pounds and almost halfway to my goal weight of 175. I've been logging for a few months but just joined the social aspect of this app... Loving it! I have an open dairy so add me, it'd be great to have a chica with similar goals
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)
    I'm 34 years old, 175cm (5'9" ) and have a whole bunch of weight to lose after having babies.
    Goal is 176lb (80kg) and then decide, but likely will go for a few lbs more.
    Currently 213lb, but have lost 16lb since start of January.

Always happy to have new friends to interact with! Especially the tallies. :smile: