HI Everyone! I'm new to MFP! Any advice for long term weight

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm super excited to be starting my new fitness plan. I just started today. My goal is to lose 25lbs in 3 months. I hope I can do it. I've struggled with my weight all my life and I would love to finally make it to my goal. Please feel free to give me any weight loss tips that you may have! ;-)

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Revel in the little triumphs, gloat about the big ones. Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water daily (if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz). It's hard to feel hungry with a belly full of liquid.
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My 3 tips:

1) Find an exercise you enjoy that can be done with people you enjoy spending time with. For example: Jogging can be quite lonely, just you, your ipod (or mp3 player), the road and nothing driving you but your own determination. If you can get involved in a sport or a class the other people exercising alongside you will keep you motivated.

2) Plan ahead. If you can plan out your meals ahead of time you will know how many calories you have left for snacks. Alternatively, if you know you are going to be eating out and need extra calories to cover the meal you can exercise ahead of time to cover the defecit.

3) Have fun. If you enjoy doing something the more likely you are to keep doing it.
  • PennyRiha
    Options
    You will hit plateaus, but stay with it! They will pass and you will start losing again! I have lost 56 lbs on MFP. :smile:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    don't deprive yourself. Have pretty much anything, but in moderation. If you deprive, likely you won't stick with it.

Also - exercise to "earn" more calories!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,004 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: take it one day at a time

:bigsmile: stay open minded to new ideas

:bigsmile: take baby steps

:bigsmile: the best exercise is the one you'll do

:bigsmile: the best food plan is the one you'll stick to

:bigsmile: never, never, never give up

smiley-happy110.gif
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What has helped me so far, is to not treat this as a diet, it is a new way of life. If I go a little off I accept the fact that if I am now living healthy, but there will be always be occasions come up where I am going to have something that is not so healthy.

I agree with the person that said plan ahead. I plan the meals for the week and write my grocery list to correspond with that. I usually spend a lot of time searching healthy and low calorie recipes on the internet, and through the recipes section on here.

Good luck to you, don't give up!
  • Jeanzelie
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and the advise. One of you said, to treat it like a life style and not a diet. I agree and I plan on doing exactly that!