Week 1 of diet and 30ds *PICS*

Options
So I end my first week of my diet. My doctor put me on a 3 month protein shake supplement diet to control my insulin resistance (1-2 shakes a day with food and net minimum 1200-1500 cals). I also started the 30DS, I did it 3x this week. I can see a bit of a difference, can you? Sorry for the mommy belly, my daughter is 6 months old.

31682da3-05e6-46e1-b437-8558858f212c.png

05dd0ace-ff5c-4306-ab2b-0d5ac7cbf6b1.png

e93a57ba-06c9-4102-9b2c-c20cf241d986.png

b3e757c9-1759-47a3-ba29-b508359d225b.png

Replies

• dunge0n
    dunge0n Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So I end my first week of my diet. My doctor put me on a 3 month protein shake supplement diet to control my insulin resistance (1-2 shakes a day with food and net minimum 1200-1500 cals). I also started the 30DS, I did it 3x this week. I can see a bit of a difference, can you? Sorry for the mommy belly, my daughter is 6 months old.

31682da3-05e6-46e1-b437-8558858f212c.png

05dd0ace-ff5c-4306-ab2b-0d5ac7cbf6b1.png

e93a57ba-06c9-4102-9b2c-c20cf241d986.png

b3e757c9-1759-47a3-ba29-b508359d225b.png

I can definitely see the difference in the stomach area. Keep it up!!
    What kind of protein shake diet are you on?
  • Super_Amy
    Super_Amy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Actually, its amazing, after only one week, I can see the difference in all of the photos. I was especially struck by the difference in your arms.
  • heatherlynne22
    Options
    Jillian is an *kitten* kicker for sure. I think my arms are the biggest change so far. I am doing Nature's Bounty protein powder (all sorts of extra good stuff in it like probiotics) and I do add ins. My favorite is Chocolate protein powder, a banana, PB2 and almond milk) but I add all sorts of fruits and veggies in it. I never thought I could sub for meals, but it is pretty easy, although I usually have a salad or some sort of little snack with my shakes.
  • dunge0n
    Options
    Jillian is an *kitten* kicker for sure. I think my arms are the biggest change so far. I am doing Nature's Bounty protein powder (all sorts of extra good stuff in it like probiotics) and I do add ins. My favorite is Chocolate protein powder, a banana, PB2 and almond milk) but I add all sorts of fruits and veggies in it. I never thought I could sub for meals, but it is pretty easy, although I usually have a salad or some sort of little snack with my shakes.

how many shakes/meal replace do you have a day? Sorry about the questions. I suffer from insulin resistance and was just curious.
  • LuvMyCapt
    LuvMyCapt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How do you know if you have Insulin Resistance?
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can see it! Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great job....only one week? That's pretty amazing...I can definitely see good changes :-) Keep up the good work!!
  • fongjon
    fongjon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your smashing it babe, well done!
  • raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are gonna rock this! man I need to try the 30DS again! I did level 1 twice but hated planks so quit at level 2.
    and congrats on the baby :happy:
  • dunge0n
    Options

I am not sure if you asked the original poster or me. If it was me I was diagnosed by a doctor. I am also prediabetic.
  • heatherlynne22
    Options

I have PCOS and gestational diabetes with my daughter. My numbers aren't quite to prediabetes but they were on the high side. I have every sign of it, including a slow metabolism. I go to a holistic doctor, that is why he did this instead of traditional methods like Metformin.
  • heatherlynne22
    Options
    [/quote]

how many shakes/meal replace do you have a day? Sorry about the questions. I suffer from insulin resistance and was just curious.
    [/quote]

I sub breakfast and dinner. I eat lunch instead of dinner because I work out after lunch. I also eat snacks and whatnot. Sometimes I eat more days than others. lol
  • heatherlynne22
    Options
    Actually, its amazing, after only one week, I can see the difference in all of the photos. I was especially struck by the difference in your arms.

Thank you! I agree that most of the difference is in my arms. I sure can feel it lol
  • minijoanna
    minijoanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference in the tummy area and also in the second pic under your arms. Keep up the good work!
  • 123_lac
    123_lac Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Ask your doctor to test your insulin level, not blood glucose. People who are insulin resistant make too much insulin and/or do not use it properly, which in turn can cause weight gain if not treated properly. To the OP, I can tell. You look great.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can see a change in your arms and back.
  • fitnessenchanted
    fitnessenchanted Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference
  • slogger10
    Options
    I can see the difference! Amazing in one wk! Great job!
  • vedalewis
    vedalewis Posts: 37
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the good work!!! :)
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
    Amazing what the body can do , Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!