Weight Gain and Exercise?

Options
Hi! I have started working out in the evening, about two hours before I go to bed. I generally go run or do the elliptical for 30-60 minutes and then I take a shower and crawl into bed. The next morning my weight always seems higher than when I exercise earlier in the day...

Is this true for anyone else?
How does exercise affect your weight?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself at the same time and under the same conditions for your "official" weigh in. Weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds, sometimes more, over the course of the day depending on many factors.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    After any strenuous exercise that taxes out your muscles your body will hold on to extra water.

http://www.muscleforlife.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss/

Read ^
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah it would be water and gylcogen stores to help repair the muscles.

I only weigh on Monday mornings after I have had 2 full rest days...

And if this is new exercise it will be like this for a couple of weeks.

be patient...if you are logging accurately no worries it's all water weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself at the same time and under the same conditions for your "official" weigh in. Weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds, sometimes more, over the course of the day depending on many factors.

^This......pick one "official" weigh in time and keep in mind weight can still fluctuate. 3 days............take a 3 day average of your daily weight....day by day will drive you batty.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good article!
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump to read article later.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    After any strenuous exercise that taxes out your muscles your body will hold on to extra water.

http://www.muscleforlife.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss/

Read ^

Thanks for sharing this article. I found it very useful.
  • Finding_me3
    Options
    That article was great, thank you for sharing!