wanting friends to help me along my journey to a better me

Options
I am nearly 34 and realized I am totally and completely miserable in my own body. I do not want to be this size and this unhealthy anymore. I want to lose 100 pounds and change my life doing it. I am looking for people that will help me on my journey and that I can hopefully help on their own journey towards better health. I can only offer support at this point as this healthy lifestyle is totally new to me but hope to make inspiring friends along the way!!! :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:

Replies

• ShaunWV
    ShaunWV Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also looking to knock off 100+. Add me and lets do this!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hi, ajwolf. You can add me. I'm 44, and looking to lose about 80 more pounds. I'm also new here--moved over a few days ago from livestrong because I like the way MFP will interact with other programs, but I used livestrong only in a private way and in exploring this one I think it would be good to get involved with the community and make friends.

I lost a bunch of weight about 10 years ago (65 lbs, down to my goal) and then maintained it within about 5-10 lbs of goal for three years, but due to various life things which I'm trying to fully understand so they don't repeat I fell back into old patterns. I hadn't realized until I got up the nerve finally to weigh that I was actually above my prior high weight. (Okay, I kind of suspected it bc of clothes, etc., but was somewhat in denial about it.) Anyway, I was really upset once I admitted what I'd let happen, but that prior experience does give me some confidence that we can do this.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes, meant to add that my name is Stephanie.
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me :) I am 42 and looking to lose 50lbs...got tired of being overweight as well and I want to be healthy as my daughters grow up. My name is Simone:-)
  • TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Add me , but you gotta be committed , if your honest with yourself then the weight will come off. And i will call you on crap you eat if you add it to your food diary. I'm a nice guy but i will give you a kick up the *kitten* if you need it :P

Add me if you dare.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Always looking to motivate and be motivated.
    Good luck!!
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to have any of you add me as a friend, my little groups is very supportive of each other, no negativity and no BS. Motivation, support and some laughs when we can sneak them in. Please be sure that you are serious about this to the point that you will be on and participate in your own goal as most of us are on most days of the week and are willing to help if we can. I am in the process of losing 85 lbs and am down 38 so far.
  • TessMacc
    TessMacc Posts: 31
    Options
    You can add me! I'm fairly new to the site and started my 'get healthy' plan at the end of January. I was about to turn 32 and found myself in the same frame of mind as you. It's going pretty well so far.

One thing I recommend is taking measurements. I didn't and really, really wish I had! I know how much weight has come off but no idea about actual size. My clothes are looser and I know I'm generally slimmer but would love to have that record.
  • kirssienbre
    kirssienbre Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have 90lbs that I want to lose and hope I can actually make that goal. Sometimes I feel like I never will but this is a start I suppose.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I still have over a 100 lbs. to lose. I do log in and record my exercise and food intake daily. I love growing my support team, and I love being on others team as well. Feel free to add me :)
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request if you like. Anyone can, really.

I'm all for supporting, commiserating and congratulating. What I won't do is support fad, quack, puedoscientific, quick fix miracle cures. Weight loss for me is 70% health, 30% vanity. I've lost 90lbs, gained some back, lost, gained, and am currently losing again. It's a continuous battle for me, and I keep fighting it. I believe in eating as "healthy" as possible, but that there's no "demon" food. I exercise at least 5 days a week, and I hate most of it, but my body needs it. That's my philosophy in a nutshell.

If you work at it, you will succeed. It ain't easy (if it was, we'd all be supermodels), but it can be done!
  • crazybg101
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am always looking for new friends. :)
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats on wanting to change your lifestyle. You will be so much happier! Being overweight does alot to your body, but alot to your mind also. Its a crazy world we live in. Some friendly tips!
    Start just by walking around, park further so you have to walk more steps to the store stuff like that.
    Find a program or gym that you have interest in.
    Its all about our food choices. As long as your making healthy choices, you willl loose the weight
    Don't let one bad day make you wait to start over the following week.
    Its a journey and it will be great!
    Don't say I want to loose this much weight by the end of the month. Why am I telling you this because your going to step on the scale. Check your weight and then feel like crap if your not where you want to be.
    Go by how you feel, how your clothes feel.
    If you need any more tips or any tips on the eating part let me know.
    You can do it!
    Email is also ssuperstar881@hotmail.com
    Good luck to you!<3
  • Jbordeaux1117
    Jbordeaux1117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right where you are. couting calories is a journey all its own but learning to excercise is a journey as well. I need friends to bounce questions with and to motivate each other... EVERYONE ADD ME!!!! :-) :-) jbordeaux1117
    I'm Jessica :-)
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi mfp fam, this weight loss is a journey but it doesn't have to be a hard stressful one... with good friends,positive feedback and the truth of the matter this journey can be easy...
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and shedding over 100 pounds. If you want to add me, please do so. I'm here daily and offer support.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    sending a friend request. I am 34 (35 in April) I want to lose 170lbs. Also, anyone is welcome to add me.
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me as well. I also have around 100 lbs left to lose and I try to log regularly and honestly. The MFP community is amazing and it is motivating and helpful to get those virtual high fives or checks with reality every now and then. Add me :)
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first (awesome) step! Feel free to add me. I'm just starting out again after losing 70lbs and gaining half back. We can do it! :)
  • DebbieBiff
    Options
    I've lost 42lb in three months...add me if you like :flowerforyou: