C25K - do stops count?

Options
noor_v
noor_v Posts: 133 Member
Hi! I'll be doing wk 6 day 3 of C25k - this is when I'll try to run for 22 minutes without any stops.

If I stop to catch my breath for a few seconds but go ahead and complete the day (of course I will pause the timer when I stop) - should I mark that day as complete and try the next day? or re-do the day??

Replies

• noor_v
    Options
    ^^^ bump ^^^^

any opinions ???
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you. Personally I only treated a session as complete if I managed the running parts without walking. However, that's because for me it was huge motivation not to quit on a session - there was no way I was re-doing 18mins because I didn't manage the last 2mins. It made me push through which if I hadn't done it it would have made it easier for me to quit completely. The main thing is though enjoy the running! I now love running :)
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends how long you stop for. If it's only once for like 30 seconds, I'd count it as complete, but if it's multiple stops and for more than 30 seconds, I'd redo it.
  • noor_v
    Options
    Thanks!!! That's helpfull!!
  • chichi2130
    chichi2130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with DeeVanderbles... if you're only stopping for a few seconds to catch your breath, I'd count it. I haven't hit the point where I LOVE running just yet, and I figure as long as I can continue the C25K program, I'm fine. I don't expect to be running a full 5K at the end without some walking anyway.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be doing wk 6 day 3 of C25k - this is when I'll try to run for 22 minutes without any stops.

If I stop to catch my breath for a few seconds but go ahead and complete the day (of course I will pause the timer when I stop) - should I mark that day as complete and try the next day? or re-do the day??

I wouldn't get too worked up about it, but you are training yourself to go further and further on each run. If you feel the need to pause then I'd suggest repeating the session, as much to prove it to yourself as anything else.

for what its worth now that I'm well beyond C25K when I'm out on a long run I will sometimes ease the pace down to a walk, generally as a means of shuffling kit around, taking a drink or even taking a photo. It's not an issue on a 15km run, so shouldn't be an issue for you.

Notwithstanding that, to train yourself, keep the pause as short as possible, keep moving forward.
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I redid them until I could get through all 3 sessions without stopping. I love C25k because you can do whatever is best for you! Good luck!