Too Much, Too Fast

Options
I've started my weight loss journey one week, 5 days ago. In that time, I've steadily improved my stamina doing a 1.5 hr treadmill regimen, and the exercise has made me lose my appetite so that I think I'm finally eating a "normal" amount of food.

I've been thrilled to see 6.4 lbs drop off me in this time. My energy is up, and I love the way I feel after a workout. My FEAR, however, is how I'll feel when this progression inevitably slows down. I am afraid I'll become discouraged and impatient with what I know would be a healthy 1-2 lb./week weight loss. After an initial quick start, dropping down to a "healthy" rate would seem like a failure, even though I logically know I can't possibly sustain this kind of rapid weight loss. How will I get through it? I don't want to stop, but it's going to be harder to find the motivation when all of a sudden the "measure of success" will no longer be visible on the scale.

Thoughts?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    take measurments, comparison pics and remember the inital weight loss is a lot of water....
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    take measurments, comparison pics and remember the inital weight loss is a lot of water....

^This, measurements and how you look in the mirror and comparison pics are way more important than the scale, especially because the scale can fluctuate so easily.
  • mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First off I want to congratulate you for taking the first steps to becoming the new you.

When you have a lot to lose the first couple of weeks you do drop a lot of water weight. When I first started I lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks, the next week I lost 1lb. Whoa, I was not prepared for that...What was I thinking I could lose 5lbs every week???? Occasionally I have a good week and lose 4lb. But remember...Slow and steady wins the race!

And as the other poster said...take measurements. You will have weeks that the scale doesn't budge, don't get discouraged because your measurements could have change.

A loss is a loss! Keep up the great work.
  • BabeRuthless86
    Options
    As everyone else suggested take measurements and pictures. A friend did this and in the weeks where she would not lose a pound she was dropping inches. Stay motivated! :)