feeling down about a weight gain.

Options
Last Tuesday which is my weigh-in day, I weighed 205.5 today i weighed myself on a different scale and I weigh 207. I know I should wait until tomorrow and weigh myself on the correct scale but still I don't like seeing a weight gain.

can someone look at my diary for the last week and help me find out where I went wrong? thanks.

Replies

• orandaberg
    Options
    Hi
    You have a lot of those shakes in a day and your sodium is really high, as for the weight be consistent with your food, take a look at mine, now I am no expert, only trying to give you some moral. I just did quick glances through it, are you doing exercises daily? Keeping a honest log? Why do you wait so long between weigh in? Is your food processed, if it has ingredients (rule of thumb is..it is). Study a little on the web, calorie does not mean its good, cause it may have other stuff. I am sure you did a search on here and checked out other topics similar to yours to get ideas, I started Feb 7 this year at 242 lbs and am now 217 lbs. It will go down just be consistent with your food, have variety, but do not IMO jump around from one food to another (chemical foods then natural and back again) I like to make my shakes custom made, look at mine (what you see is mixed all together) fills me up till the next meal, my advice is just a input, to show your not alone. Good luck and exercise daily, even if its just a 20 minute walk
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    A different scale and a different day can make a huge difference, I weigh myself on a Sunday morning and log my weight but Thursday is my day off and I always jump on then just to be sure I'm the same or lost a bit, if it looks like it's going up I really get strict with myself or I take the dog on a 5 mile dog walk.

I also don't weigh that week I'm on as I bloat since losing weight and I know it happens, I can feel it but it goes away and I don't see the point in depressing myself.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I walk 4miles 5 days a week and run 4miles 4 days a week. the shakes are prescribed to me from my DR. min of 5 a day. I was thinking I over did the sodium this weekend and retained a lot of water. but I average a loss of 2lbs a week, without a single gain since Sept 24th 2013. so this weekend I had so much sodium that I retained 4lbs of water?

thank you for your insight. I appreciate the response.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Don't compare weights on different scales! They can easily be 4lbs off!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    2 lbs over a weekend... dont even worry about it.. you lost 80 lbs and this is the first time the scale jumped?? I find it hard to believe.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It's probably weight fluctuating and weighing on a different scale.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Never weigh yourself on different scales. The only way to ensure accuracy is to weigh yourself on the same scales, on the same piece of hard floor, wearing the same clothes (or none), at the same time of day (first thing in the morning after using the bathroom, preferably). These parameters will give you as accurate a reading as possible. Different scales will, more likely than not, all give you different weights. So, just see what your scales show on weigh day! :smile:
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Options
    2 lbs over a weekend... dont even worry about it.. you lost 80 lbs and this is the first time the scale jumped?? I find it hard to believe.

I'm on a supervised diet the most it has gone was losing 0lbs. but this is a different scale. I guess I'm worrying over nothing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I'm on a supervised diet the most it has gone was losing 0lbs. but this is a different scale. I guess I'm worrying over nothing.

Indeed you are....
  • orandaberg
    Options
    I walk 4miles 5 days a week and run 4miles 4 days a week. the shakes are prescribed to me from my DR. min of 5 a day. I was thinking I over did the sodium this weekend and retained a lot of water. but I average a loss of 2lbs a week, without a single gain since Sept 24th 2013. so this weekend I had so much sodium that I retained 4lbs of water?

thank you for your insight. I appreciate the response.

WOW good for you, that's a lot more exercise then I do!!! By the way congrats on 80 lbs lost:smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Last Tuesday which is my weigh-in day, I weighed 205.5 today i weighed myself on a different scale and I weigh 207. I know I should wait until tomorrow and weigh myself on the correct scale but still I don't like seeing a weight gain.

can someone look at my diary for the last week and help me find out where I went wrong? thanks.

It's quite likely that nothing went wrong. It's probably just the different scale. Though it's perfectly natural for body weight to go up and down a couple of pounds due to water. As long as you see an overall downward trend you are on track.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get bent out of shape about 2 pounds. I took a quick look at your diary and you are consuming a lot of sodium which makes me think the 2 pounds could be bloat/water retention. However you are going over your calories and drinking a lot of them. Don't get me wrong shakes can be good but unless your doctor has asked you to go on a mainly liquid based diet I would suggest getting in the kitchen and getting some solid foods into your meal plan.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and knowledge. I'll keep working on my diet and see what works out for me the best. and most lof all don't worry about the weight. it will come off when it does. I know I have lost 80lbs so far, but i still feel like I'm 285lbs in my head and not 205 which I am now.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice and knowledge. I'll keep working on my diet and see what works out for me the best. and most lof all don't worry about the weight. it will come off when it does. I know I have lost 80lbs so far, but i still feel like I'm 285lbs in my head and not 205 which I am now.

ahhhhh and there is the reason 2 lbs feels like a ton.you should put a side by side picture in your mirror of your current before and after. Maybe that will help you realize how far you've come. Congrats on the 80 lbs that's a great achievement :smile: