Been counting calories 2 weeks and nothing :( disappointed

Hi everyone

My names Stephanie I'm 22, 5"7 and 167 pounds I been calorie counting for the last two weeks and was almost gona quit today; i weighed myself and havent lost a single pound, but couldn't bring myself to actually quit lol. I'm hoping being on here will help me gain some supportive friends in the same predicament and hoping to drop some pounds. Any advice and personal stories would be great I'm really struggling with this I was doing insanity but it's been hard with work so now I am just calorie counting.

Thanks for reading it's nice to be here and meet you all.

Replies

• 313jmac
    313jmac Posts: 1
    Hi Stephanie, I'm Jon. I have been also counting calories for 2 weeks & it seemed like I lost a pound our 2 at first, but then Luke I gained it back. I'm disappointed too. However, I will continue to try. I've read that I may be eating to few calories as my budget is 1922 but I'm sometimes 300/500 under that & I live an active lifestyle (I guess) soi will now try to reach my goal each day.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    It takes time. You didn't become over weight, over night so can't expect to be slim over night. It took weeks for my scale to budge at all. Are you 100% sure that your accurately weighing and measuring every thing you eat? That's very very important, as you could be over estimating your calories.
  • Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76
    Hi Stephanie. (^_^) I'm Josie. I'm also 22, about 161 pounds, but am 5'2". I think I've lost about 4 pounds (started counting about a week and a half ago), although when I checked today I was back up 4.something. (Since I've decided to weigh myself only once a week, I'm going to wait until my weigh day before I get worried.) I think you'll start to see results soon, so don't worry too too much about it. Sometimes change happens right away, but more often than not it takes it's time (unless you don't want change, in which case... BOOM!). I'll send you a request, it's nice to have people the same age on here for support. Well, it's nice to have anyone for support, really, but I like people my age. It makes it seem like we're all doing it together. (^_^)

Good luck! You can do it, so don't stop! :D
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    It takes time. You didn't become over weight, over night so can't expect to be slim over night. It took weeks for my scale to budge at all. Are you 100% sure that your accurately weighing and measuring every thing you eat? That's very very important, as you could be over estimating your calories.

This... however, I lol'd because we're all responding to a 2 year old post. OP's last post was in 2012 too, so I assume they're long gone.
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member

This... however, I lol'd because we're all responding to a 2 year old post. OP's last post was in 2012 too, so I assume they're long gone.

I almost responded, but then I noticed that too. Lol
  • Kreepie11
    Kreepie11 Posts: 76

I almost responded, but then I noticed that too. Lol

Womp Womp.... haha I'd feel silly, except I win, because she did add me back. XD Hasn't been on in a few days though... Come back, Stephanie!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member

All of this!! Extremely important to weigh and measure. get a good digital scale and use it.
  • Christophe2Fit
    Christophe2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    Hello

It takes 4 weeks to reactivate your metabolism so technically, you won't see result for a month or 2. It can take years...
  • Christophe2Fit

hmmm!!! :)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Hello

It takes 4 weeks to reactivate your metabolism so technically, you won't see result for a month or 2. It can take years...

What kind of made up "information" is this?
  • Christophe2Fit
    Bro, You rely on physical activity. It is totally not pertinent, anyway.

Professional Nutritionist will tell you it takes up to 3 months to really adjust. Haylie Pomroy is a good expert.

But if you would have been less speculating, I would have tell you, well, if you are ectomorph or obese, you probably already got a high metabolism so, yes, cutting down calories will work ;)