Coffee or Tea?

Options
What is your morning preference?

I tend to drink coffee all day everyday and has become a major addiction since my smoking habit ended over 2 years ago. I just can't stop at 1 or 2. This includes flavored creamer and splenda. I bought some herbal tea. I have peppermint, green, and Orange Spice which is all very good to me. They are just sitting there lonely in a cupboard. lol

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE...Black
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I dont like mine black..:sick: lol
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    I looooooove the Bigelow Green Tea with pomegranate. Hot
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Bigelow is the brand I have.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    coffee with 2% steamed milk and I have the coffee habit since giving up the smokes and diet coke as well. I do only drink it in the morning though. :)

I tend to drink herbal tea at night in the winter if I'm cold. :)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Tea all the way for me. Hot tea or iced tea, I drink at least one glass a day.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I am a coffee girl, but i do enjoy tea when the mood strikes. I have weaned myself off flavored creamers (i get flavored coffees instead) and initially switched to half-n-half then to organic whole milk, then to 2%, and now i use 1% or skim. I have also backed off from 2 rounded spoons of sugar to one slightly rounded spoon. But yes, i do drink 2-3 cups a day and wouldn't want to give them up! :)
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Tea

Lemon Lift
    Tazo teas
    Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Black! Fresh brewed only. I'm spoiled! I do enjoy tea though, later on throughout the day.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hot tea is what's in my cup each day. I like a few cups of Green Tea each day. They say it is good for you with the antioxidants, and good to also help lose weight. The have several flavors of it too. Maybe you can try this.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I tend to drink coffee all day everyday and has become a major addiction since my smoking habit ended over 2 years ago. I just can't stop at 1 or 2. This includes flavored creamer and splenda. I bought some herbal tea. I have peppermint, green, and Orange Spice which is all very good to me. They are just sitting there lonely in a cupboard. lol

Ya know, I'm the same way. I like tea noncaffinated at night once in awhile, but I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day and use in serving size surgar free vanilla creamer. I don't think I can give it up either, lol. I think it's better than a Starbucks Latte' calorie wise and healthier than a candybar, so I don't beat myself up for this.
  • lxspollack
    Options
    Coffee most definately, however, I started drinking decaf when I was pregnant with my son, and I never went back to drinking high test. I usually drink my coffe black but I went through a phase where I used sugar and flavored creamer. It was a tough habbit to get out of but making the decision to do it was a bigger part of the battle than making it happen. Sometimes when I want something sweet I will indulge with a cup of coffee with flavored creamer and sugar the way I used to drink it. When I have a few spare calories at the end of the day or I plan it into my eating plan when I decide to indulge. Ease yourself off like some of the others have suggested. You can do it! I like teas as well but tend to drink them in the evening, especially in winter.
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    I like my coffee in the morning. Are you aware of the calories in the flavored Coffee-Mate? I use the plain liquid Coffee-Mate and I measure it into my cup. I also use Splenda. I know the flavored Coffee-Mate has more calories than the plain.

I used to drink a whole pot of coffee every day. I cut back to a half a pot over a year ago. I do NOT intend to give up my coffee. I have given up ALL my other bad habits (soft drinks, beer, cigarettes). I REALLY enjoy my coffee.

I drink iced tea in the evening. Usually plain with Splenda, but sometimes peach or raspberry.

Mary
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

I drink both.

I have several cups of coffee in the morning, straight black. Then, I get a pitcher of ice water to bring to my desk and make a HUGE mug of hot tea (flavor depends on my mood)...........

I sip on the ice water interchangeably with the hot tea. I re-fill my mug several times through the day and also the pitcher of the ice water, re-filling when walking back and forth to the bathroom, LOL................

Both coffee and tea have nutritional benefits. So, I enjoy both.