How much water?

Options
slk_5555
slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
Just wondering how much water everyone tries to drink?

My skin & hair feel dry & I've been very stiff/aching joints at night lately.....keeps me awake - thought maybe it could be down to dehydration. I have to make a real conscious effort to drink more water each day.

Replies

• ajwolf0609
    ajwolf0609 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a formula I have found that I use to determine how much water I need in a day. the 8 cups a day thing is good if you are an ideal body weight, but if not then this is a good formula.

0.5 ounces x Body Weight in Pounds = Daily Fluid Requirement in ounces

you then divide that number by 8 if you want to break it down into number of cups per day. Hope this helps you out :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I try to get enough to make my urine run clear or almost clear. It varies per day because some days the food I eat contains more salt than other days, so I need to consume more water to balance it out.
  • Thinn2Winn
    Thinn2Winn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Super simple formula to find out how many ounces of water you should have daily.
    1)Take your weight.
    2)Now divide it by 2.
    3)The # you get is the # in ounces you should be drinking, daily.

Example: 200 / 2 = 100ounces daily in just water.
  • GhoulMango
    GhoulMango Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink a little less than a gallon a day, usually. Some times less, but not usually more. :)
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    100-128oz's per day. Agree with what she said as well ^^^^^^ and Sodium is a killer for me!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I try to go for around a gallon a day. Depends on how much I sweat at the gym though. In the summer, it can be more. Out of curiosity I once weighed myself before and after a run on a hot day, and it was a difference of almost four pounds.
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I always try to shoot for half my body weight in water.
  • samamps88
    samamps88 Posts: 52
    Options

I assume you fail daily?
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 litres, sometimes more.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers. I guess I'm only drinking about 1/3 of recommended amount.

I just worked out my water bottle is 750ml, so I should aim to get 4 bottles of water in the system......a lot of water!!
  • ElysiaWargo
    ElysiaWargo Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I assume you fail daily?

:laugh: