Apple cider vinegar and honey lowered my cholesterol!

Options
6 mo. ago my cholesterol was on the high side at 242 and my LDL was 157. Now my other numbers were ok and my HDL was high enough to where my Dr. didn’t write up any prescriptions for statin drugs. However, he did warn me that if I didn’t make an effort to lower my numbers in 3 mo. with diet and exercise, he would put me on them. Now I do work out 3 days a week at the gym and at my age of 54, soon to be 55, I look pretty damn good for being an ole fart. lol So I did some research on this vinegar/honey thing and was very pleased at some of the testimonials, so I figured I would give it a shot.
This is my daily routine. Every morning when I first get up, before coffee and food, I mix 2 tsp. of unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp. raw organic honey in about 8 oz. of water. Because raw organic honey is thick and like a paste, I first put the honey in a little bit of the water and nuke it for about 20 to 25 seconds. It helps break down the honey. Then add the rest of the water (cold) and lastly add the 2 tsp. of the vinegar. You don’t want to mix the vinegar in hot water because it may affect the living organisms in the apple cider called the “mother”. Something else that I do in conjunction with this daily elixir is taking Metamucil twice a day. This also helps lower your cholesterol and keeps your sugar levels at a healthy number. The trick here is to down a glass of it before you eat or right after you eat. By mixing this with your food it actually helps sop up some of the bad stuff before it gets into your blood system, plus if you take it before a meal you won’t eat as much. I really didn’t change my eating habits, but I’ve always limited myself on the red meats and shell fish, like shrimp, crab legs and lobster, which are all wickedly high in cholesterol. So 3 mo. later when I had more blood work done I was totally blown away at my numbers. My total cholesterol shot down from 242 to 205 and my LDL went from 157 to 130. All because of this elixir! All my other lipid levels were perfect! I’ve read so many other similar testimonials and, well from my point of view, this stuff works! Blood tests don’t lie. If any of you have tried this, please share your health experiences. Have a great day!

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    How do you know that it's not the exercise you started doing that lowered your cholesterol? That's where I'd put my money.
  • hawk4117
    hawk4117 Posts: 8
    Options
    Then I'd win your money cause I've been working out at the gym for years! lol But exercise and proper Diet don't always work for some people. It's heriditary for some who just can't break down the bad cholesterol.
  • samamps88
    samamps88 Posts: 52
    Options
    Then I'd win your money cause I've been working out at the gym for years! lol But exercise and proper Diet don't always work for some people. It's heriditary for some who just can't break down the bad cholesterol.

Not what your first post says though! Your doctor told ypu to exercise and NOW you work out 3days a week
  • rjmelton
    rjmelton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Essentially I was in the same position as you instead of cholesterol it was blood pressure. I used to be very active and very low blood pressure. My resting heart rate at 18 years old was 59 bpm and pressure was 100/71. My Dr put me in a study for people with low BP.

Fast forward 8 years my BP was 135/98 resting HR was 82. Doc says I had 2 months to lower BP before medication would start because of my established base BP. 2 months later I was back down to 115/78 no meds and much more energy.

Amazing how diet affect your body in such a short period of time.
  • hawk4117
    hawk4117 Posts: 8
    Options
    I too had high BP but now I'm off of em. After the first month of taking this elixir I noticed my BP was starting to creep back in the normal range. After the 3rd month my BP was normal! I asked the Dr. if I could ween myself off of them and he said yes, but just check it periodically. He said my BP would spike up a bit once I'm off of them for a short period of time, but that it will go back to normal, being that your body is adjusting. Now as far as my comment on exercising...seems that someone just don't get it.....I have always exercised...at least 3 days a week. My Dr. said basically to keep exercising and diet better or I would be on those god for saken statin drugs. Some people just like to argue! lolol
  • suzanib
    suzanib Posts: 1
    Options
    To samamps88 and shannon...note that the original poster said "Now I do work out 3 days a week at the gym" ....the 'now' part is just a figure of speech as in " now...you should know.....etc....I understood it right away as I also use this expression.....