Gym HELP!!!

Options
Can anyone please give me any ideas on where to start at the Gym. I am a total beginner!!

The Machines are Treadmills, Bikes, Rowing Machines, Eliptical Trainer and weight training machines and weights.

I have no idea what reps to do or how to do what....

Yesterday I started with the Treadmill for 13mins then onto some weight machines but I don't want to just go about it willy nilly.

I'm looking to tone my lady areas (bum hips and thighs) I have a pretty toned upper half already and like not to get my arms too toned or lose my boobs. I'd like to also lose a few KGs along the way.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Victoria

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    This is how I started;

I went and did cardio, tested out all the machines to see which one I liked. I also used the pully weights just to see how it felt to lift something heavy.

I then read, and read, and read about lifting. Went to bodybuilding.com, watched youtube videos, ordered the book New Rules of Lifting for women and read it front to back.

I made a chart to log my lifting and how much weight I was using (So I could "up" my weights)

Went back to the gym on a mission.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats maybe? Does your gym offer programs? Where a trainer goes round a develops a program for you?
  • VictoriaB33ch
    Options
    Thanks for that :)

I have searched online and found a program, lets see how that goes.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer is a great program- whether you are a beginner or a vet. It's 12 weeks, tens of thousands of women have done it, and it's free. I lost 12 inches when I did it, and I really didn't have much to lose in the first place. Goodluck!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Spend the Money on a trainer for a a month, you will know how to operate all the machines and know good technique by then.
  • ChinoHDT
    ChinoHDT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is easy

break your gym days into body parts and on monday attack chester, tuesday legs, thursday, back etcc

it's not hard to find a decent work programme when you know which body part you want to hit so you could end up doing 30 mins weights and 20 mins cardio and just fill in the blanks when you get your work out set up.

Worst thing you can do is to go to the gym without an idea so just youtube gym people and see what they do.

theres a girl on youtube called nikki blacketter who might be someone to look into