Calories burned Zumba (obese)

Options
When I add 40 minutes of Zumba its subtracting 620 calories. I am 233lbs and 5'4" but it doesn't seem right. I don't want to think I'm burning more calories than I am. Its the Activate routine if that helps. Thanks for any input!

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I can burn almost as much as when I run when doing zumba. I've worn my HRM and was very surprised at how many calories I can burn doing zumba.

So for your weight and that time, that could be about right. I can burn around 550 in an hour.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 , 123 lbs , when I do Zumba (aprox 55 mins)I burn anywhere from 375-575 or so according to my heart rate moniter. Considering you have more weight to lose than I it's fair to say you'd burn more than me, depending how hard you push yourself 620 seems reasonable.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It's been said you can burn up to 1200kcals in zumba however its a lot down to how hard you work at it. I would definitely recommend a HRM I absolutely love my polar ft7!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 - started at 218 and have done the activate full force using a heart rate monitor. I looked back to that time frame and my burn was between 280 and 360 with activate. ~ Exhilerate I would burn between 400 and 500.
  • Gaby_BV
    Gaby_BV Posts: 70
    Options
    60 min of Zumba are 515 or 550 .... using my HRM
  • heather240
    heather240 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow.. TY for all of the responses! And sooo fast.. well that's great. I'm doing way more than I thought possible and I'm noticing some changes already! I'm so happy for all of you who have lost and are working hard. I have n't seen myself at a healthy weight as an adult. So I'm excited. Thanks again!
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, good luck on your journey :) Noticing changes is definitely one of the greatest motivators to keep going. (at least, that's what I found).
  • heather240
    heather240 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TY jshay I need the luck! Good luck to you as well. As "horrible" as it sounds I am having a hard time eating enough calories now that I'm no longer a cherry coke addict! Like a 12pk + a day. So that was all of my calories for the day and anything on top of that that I ate just kept adding up. No I'm lost. I feel like I'm doing good but I don't want to go backwards without proper calories. I will keep trying! Have a great day =)