fresh start - take 2

Options
KJ514
KJ514 Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone,

I introduced myself a couple of weeks ago and was sure I was going to stay on track....Well, my mom has been in and out of the hospital since then and I have made a couple of 200 mile trips and I have gained instead of lost. I think things will settle down a bit this week. I'm hoping to stay on track. I ran yesterday and today, eating could still use some improvement. Would love any support and encouragement!

Karen

Replies

• amma1978
    Options
    I've been all over the place too, diet-wise, my philosophy is 'never give up'! That's what I'm sticking to
  • entropybaby
    entropybaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in a day, and the important thing is you jumped right back on track! If you know you will be too drained to focus on this later in the week, take 20 minutes to set yourself up for success...stash some nutrition bars in your glove box so you don't hit a drive through, pre-chop some veggies in little baggies that you can grab and go. That way you can keep up your energy to handle the stress without adding to your worries! Hang in there and keep going!
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    welcome back Karen,

I hope your mom is ok; I know how hard it is to stay on top of this healthy lifestyle when theres lots going on. I admire you for coming back and not giving up. There's lots of support here for you.

Maria x
  • KJ514
    KJ514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! My mom is doing better but she is still not able to do shopping and laundry and those kind of things so that means more traveling for me. I'm going to try to keep on track even with my schedule being turned on it's ear. If only you could work out while driving :)