Apples just make me feel more hungry

Options

Replies

• godds6
    godds6 Posts: 22
    Options
    its the natural sugar in it. eat a complex carbo with it next time. say a handful of raw nuts, some rice chips, etc.

Yes, this! I usually grab a handful of almonds or walnuts along with the apple
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think this is a conspiracy where the agricultural industry is secretly manipulating apples to make us crave more apples. Because if you think about it, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, so obviously if we all get big and fat from eating apples and then getting really hungry and over-eating due to the hunger causing effects of these secretly engineered apples, well then we'd get fat sick and nearly dead, and who do you call when that happens? The doctor. But they'd all be gone, because we ate so many damn apples. Then we all die, and who wins in that scenario?

Big Ag.

I'm making a documentary.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I also read that you should always eat some sort of protein, like peanut butter or cottage cheese or string cheese when you eat carbs and fruit~!
  • tuathanari
    tuathanari Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think this is a conspiracy where the agricultural industry is secretly manipulating apples to make us crave more apples. Because if you think about it, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, so obviously if we all get big and fat from eating apples and then getting really hungry and over-eating due to the hunger causing effects of these secretly engineered apples, well then we'd get fat sick and nearly dead, and who do you call when that happens? The doctor. But they'd all be gone, because we ate so many damn apples. Then we all die, and who wins in that scenario?

Big Ag.

I'm making a documentary.

lol. clearly monsanto is behind this.
  • kidtachyon
    kidtachyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also never eat apples for the same reason! Or sometimes if I have one on an empty stomach it makes my stomach hurt. I thought i was crazy!

That's exactly me. I wish I could like eating apples, but they upset my stomach if I'm not eating them as part of a meal.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    This is a quote on this subject from livestrong.com

Individuals who experience hunger after ingesting an apple may be lacking protein in their diet. A study published in the May 2008 edition of "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" concluded that ingestion of protein resulted in increased levels of satiety and thermogenesis, as well as improved maintenance of lean muscle mass. For an added boost of protein, consider spreading almond butter on an apple slice or eating the fruit in conjunction with a handful of almonds or string cheese.

:smile:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Sorry op all i canthink of when i see your pic is rainbow connection lol
  • tuathanari
    tuathanari Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry op all i canthink of when i see your pic is rainbow connection lol

angrykermit.jpg
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,991 Member
    Options
    Try washing down the sugar with a glass of water.:wink:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options

Individuals who experience hunger after ingesting an apple may be lacking protein in their diet. A study published in the May 2008 edition of "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" concluded that ingestion of protein resulted in increased levels of satiety and thermogenesis, as well as improved maintenance of lean muscle mass. For an added boost of protein, consider spreading almond butter on an apple slice or eating the fruit in conjunction with a handful of almonds or string cheese.

I have the same problem with apples. Now I know why!
  • charityholcomb
    Options
    Oatmeal does that to me, too! I haven't noticed it about apples. I'm curious why, for both, too!
  • charityholcomb
    Options
    But I have noticed that, personally, I have to eat protein every couple of hours. For me it has to do with my metabolism, according to my doctors, but a friend of mine (who is an R.N,) said something about protein stablizing my blood sugar.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal NEVER fills me up!
  • jerseygirl1606
    Options
    I'm just now reading this thread about apples making you more hungry. This happens to me too, but I eat them anyway because they really help my digestion. My theory was always that all of the fiber in them worked like Roto-rooter in the stomach and cleaned it out! Not sure if I buy the adding protein thing, because protein does NOT make me feel full. I had eggs with veggies this morning and was ravenous a half hour later. Complex carbs that that are slow to digest fill me up the most, like a muesli that I make with uncooked oats and other grains. Can't eat that now though because I've started the 17 day diet. Weird.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

People thought I was crazy when I said this about eating apples. ^Thanks for the explanation!

I have the same problem with apples. Now I know why!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat apples with cheese and crackers. Mmm.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I didn't read thru all the posts so this may have been mentioned. Eating some protein with your fruit will help slow digestion and keep you full longer. Try a tsp of peanut butter or some cheese your apple.
  • Loriwebs
    Loriwebs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always thought ideas just me!! I have always thought that about apples!!!!
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dip in peanut butter!! :)) love them like that and helps fill you a bit!

Although I do know what u mean as the same thing happens to me when I eat an apple!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Interesting... me too!! I also get "cold spots" on my face when I eat an apple. (Kind of the top of my cheeks under my eyes.) Very strange. I still like apples though. It's so hard to find "little" apples that are smaller than my fist. It seems like the apples most grocery stores sell are the size of my cat.