Replies

• Samson20011
    Samson20011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Why are you waiting until Monday?:smile:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for taking the time to research this and provide informative information to those of us wanting to learn.

I wish that all of the folks starting out here would read this, as it would be very helpful for them.

I happen to agree with this and have found for myself that it is true for me. As with many people here, I have often been sidetracked by comments on MFP, but I have researched quite a bit too, and have drawn conclusions, in my personal experience, that are different from the popular opinions of some here.

We are all different. We need to know ourselves and what works for us. It is a learning experience.

Thanks for sharing. It is important.

P.S. The best information I have read on MFP in the almost 20 months I have been here.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    thank you....bump for link
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for this ... :smile:
  • grau62000ameze
    Options
    bump
  • Keke1968
    Keke1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Nature journal and the summary :)
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Interesting read.
  • PrincessTamyka
    Options
    Thanks so much! Much appreciated
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Great post. I'm bookmarking for re-reading. Thanks for taking the time out to write it!
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I definitely appreciated reading this. There are so many contradicting articles and an obscene amount of advice that it can become quiet confusing. Thank you for breaking everything down in a simple, yet concise article!
  • Raynidays3367
    Options
    I have to bump this thread. People toss around "starvation mode" as if eating under your calorie count once or twice will hurt anything. Unless you are literally STARVING and have little to no food intake over a PERIOD OF TIME, it is VERY unlikely you will experience starvation mode aka Adaptive Thermogenesis. Unhealthy, yes...starvation, no.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the time you have spent in sharing this information with us. Good read and I will take note :wink:
  • hannahbrookss
    Options
    I'm just reading this now.. thanks! I was worrying today bc I ate a little less than 1200 calories & worked off 450 so I was worried that I might put my body into starvation mode and not take off any weight haha. I see you posted that a few months ago so I hope since then you've reached your goal, or have gotten close to it.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fitiny
    Fitiny Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Haws0357
    Haws0357 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome post man! Really helped me out! Thanks :)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump for reference
  • astradford1
    astradford1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm so thankful for this post! I cringe every time I see reference of going into starvation mode over a slight decrease in caloric intake.