Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Random heritage question!

Okay, I'm trying to figure out my heritage I get from my parents/grandparents, etc! :)

So this is what I figured out so far (and BTW I am terrible at math so spare me the criticism! Please and thank you! :D)

My Grandmother on my mom's side is 50% Irish and 50% German.
My Grandfather on my mom's side is 50% Irish and 50% Polish
So according to my calculations that would make my mom 50% Irish, 25% German and 25% Polish.

My Grandmother on my dad's side is 50% Irish and 50% Polish,
My Grandfather on my dad's side is 100% Italian.
So I believe that would make my dad 50% Italian, 25% Irish and 25% Polish.

SO WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MAKE MY HERITAGE PERCENTAGE?

HELP! :):)

thank you!

Replies

• Nevermind! I actually just figured it out!

I am 37.5% Irish, 25% Polish, 25% Italian, 12.5% German!

I approve!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    I'm also bad at math, but that was just what I was going to reply!! I vote we're right. :laugh:
  • We are absolutely right! Wooo! Thanks for the help!
  • NIce!! Thats a good combo! Mines a bit easier to figure out- 75% Swedish, 12.5% Scottish and 12.5% Danish =) I was obsessed with ancestry.com for awhile.. lol!! I love geneology - one of my nerd qualities I suppose.
  • NIce!! Thats a good combo! Mines a bit easier to figure out- 75% Swedish, 12.5% Scottish and 12.5% Danish =) I was obsessed with ancestry.com for awhile.. lol!! I love geneology - one of my nerd qualities I suppose.

Haha awesome! I love my heritage! Are you blonde? haha, nice combo! I like genealogy too! We all have our nerdisms. I'm completely fascinated by different languages and how people speak them all. Boggles my mind, completely!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Lets just put it this way - like most Americans, you and I honey are what they consider mutts! lol :P JK - but it does make the blood lines confusing. I never really bothered much with mine, I figure it's kind of pointless, at least for me. What percentage of what country doesn't mater much to me - we're all from the same source. :D
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I have no idea what my grandparents 'percentage' nationality is lmao, I think this is a new world concern, I have yet to meet anyone who cares one jot if they have a bit of Irish, Welsh, Scot or Chinese blood in their veins unless they come from North America.