lowered Carb Intake

Options
I have lowered my carb intake, not carbs from veggies but carbs from starches like breads and pasta and such. When I say lowered, I don;t mean totally eliminated but most days I avoid them. The reason for this is that I found I was eating too many carbs and not nearly enough veggies, sometimes none at all, and I realized my meals should be focused around veggies. I also thought this would help me stay under my calories but I'm for some reason possibly finding it harder. I don't know, I'm not finding it hard avoiding starches (other than breakfast, I am getting sick of eggs!) but I'm definitely craving sugar more and I'm finding hard to still stay under my calories! Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• mrsnel
    mrsnel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just a thought...my doctor says if you are craving sweet your body is saying it needs fruit and salty means protein. I've seen this to be true in my life. Hope it'll help you. Blessings.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Your diary's private so there's no way to know if you've lowered them too much. A good ratio, IMO, is 40/30/30 (c/p/f).
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check out the protein!
    I didn't know my diary was private, I've unlocked it now :) although my entering hasn't been so great lately ;)
  • cakesyme
    cakesyme Posts: 20
    Options
    I would say that you should just have a little bit of candy/ cake once in a while, or at least a few pieces of candy every few days, but JUST a few. whatever the serving size is, and don't go over it. As long as you have a calorie deficient you'll be just fine.

Since you are getting sick of eggs (I know that feeling) it's okay to have a bit of bacon with it, or maybe half a bagel with low-fat cream cheese, but just pair it with some fruit, count your calories, promise to take it easy on yourself once in a while, and you'll be fine.

Also if you like green tea you should drink more green tea. In the morning before you eat, and once before dinner. (I don't but other people do and it works super well for them.)
    And one cup of hot honey lemon water before bed. It'll cleanse your body, and act as a digestive aid. Perfect for weight loss.

And whatever you do, do not stop believing in yourself. One year is nothing more than days. Yes it's a lot of days, but an ocean is a body of water made of many many many droplets, and you just have to take it one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fruit!!! Veggies don't have enough carbohydrates to fuel you, so if you eliminate all other sources of carbs, you will be starving. Adding in fruit to your diet will help keep you satiated.
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You guys are all amazing, what great support here. Thank you so much :):)
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm eating reduced carbs too but I include fruit and veggie carbs in there as well. (I'm type 2 diabetic and have to do it that way.) My focus is on getting more protein, fats and fiber (all of which keep you feeling full longer) with a lower, steady amount of carbs at each meal.

I have oatmeal with fruit on workdays, eggs with bacon, sausage or a glass of milk on the weekends. Other ideas- Greek yogurt with fruit. Protein smoothies mixed with protein powder, greek yogurt or milk and fruit. Cheese and hard boiled eggs. Any left overs you have in the frig - it doesn't have to be a breakfast food.