Back again

Options
JSNANA
JSNANA Posts: 1 Member
Once again I need to lose the weight I've gained since falling off the wagon and try to meet my ultimate goal. I have gotten so close but seem to sabotage when my clothes feel better. Anyone else find themselves doing this?

Replies

• marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That happens so often. It took me quite a few years to get down to goal. Then I went up again another 20. I'm fighing that extra 20 now. You can do it. Just keep trying and changing different things. If you'd like another friend...add me!
  • lavcalla
    lavcalla Posts: 3
    Options
    I do the same thing...as soon as I start making some progress, I somehow manage to fall off the wagon.

I'm back trying to lose the same 20 lbs that I've been battling for the past 2 years, so I hear your pain. I know it's difficult to not be hard on yourself, but we're all human!

Here's a few things that have helped me in the past:

I know something that helps me is identifying my "trigger" foods. I have a lot of trouble with desserts, so I find that it's better for me to avoid them altogether because nothing causes me to fall off the wagon faster than a big ol' piece of cake!

I also have been trying a lot harder to plan meals in advance. I find that if I leave it to chance, I always choose an unhealthy option. I go out to eat quite a bit (partly due to my job), but I try to pull up the menu and decide what I'm going to order before going...this helps keep me from being tempted by the other yummy things on the menu.

I'm here if you need additional motivation or just need to talk! Sometimes venting is enough to help get you back on track :)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I am constantly fighting.............lose 50 turn around and gain it back, today my mind is set!!!
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY AND ALL THE FOLLOWING DAYS!!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Yep. I know that trap. It was only recently that I realized that when I have a good weigh-in, my mind twists it into a day to indulge in too much food. I know I do it. Next thing I know, I have gained a few pounds back. It's a daily battle.
    I gave away all my fat clothes, so I can't gain back more than 5 pounds or there's nothing to wear!
    Perseverance is the name of this game.
  • CindyAnne2014
    CindyAnne2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI All,
    I lost 40 lbs through Jenny Craig 2 yrs ago and gained it all back and then some....now need to lose 70 or so! I have already lost close to 20 and MFP is AWESOME!! As for tips, I find I really am better, feeling full and eating less by drinking water everyday!! Also really helps to have healthy snacks like fruit/cukes in the refridge, ready just in case.....

Please feel free to add me, I am here everyday, have already lost enough to go down in pants size and that feels great!! We can do this, we just need to focus and be determined!!!

CIndy :)
  • sdps745
    sdps745 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, I CAN *SO* identify with THIS!

I lost over 50 pounds, but am struggling with those 20! Gain, lose, gain, lose the same 20 pounds... Oh it's tiring!

One thing I HAVE found, though, if I happen to keep the eating at night to a minimum or none, then the weight seems to come off! The other thing, for me, is to keep certain foods out of the house... like peanut butter and bread and such; whatever it is that I REALLY like. If there's healthy food in the house, then I'm more likely to eat when I'm hungry and not snack so much.

It's a never ending battle. Once you get to that ideal weight, the work does not end there! You STILL have to keep watching and halt it when it FIRST starts to come on...I need to do THAT myself! :)

Yes, Let's do this TOGETHER!! :)
  • kathudd1
    kathudd1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome Back!! It is a hard road, but one that can be beat!! I have done the same as those here before me as well. Take little steps to reach your goal! :)