does it matter what time i work out??

Options
I typically work out at about 8 or 9 at night. Our schedual is much different from most peoples so that's about mid day for me.

Replies

• Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Work out at whatever time you can, and will commit to a good workout. It will be different for different people.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is whatever time you'll actually do it. I workout around 7pm.
  • CindyAnne2014
    CindyAnne2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person,and love working out by 8:00 am!!
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was always told it only was good in the am right after you wake but I just can't...my day doesn't let that happen lol
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was always told it only was good in the am right after you wake but I just can't...my day doesn't let that happen lol

That seems to be the popular opinion at the moment, but if you can't do that then just do whatever works for you
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Calorie burns only count before 6:30 am ... in the dark .... with eyes closed .... on Thursdays ... during an eclipse (double bonus if coed naked on silk sheets). Duh.

Get your workouts in when you can ... eat responsibly ... progress.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Calorie burns only count before 6:30 am ... in the dark .... with eyes closed .... on Thursdays ... during an eclipse (double bonus if coed naked on silk sheets). Duh.

Get your workouts in when you can ... eat responsibly ... progress.

Lol love that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Whoever told you that was an idiot. Your body doesn't have a time clock for you to punch. Oh, too late, I just won't burn any calories during this 8 mile run because it's after 8am.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Not at all.

The best time is when you will do it and preferably when you have the most time and energy.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I work out after work, right before bed, Including heavy lifting. But it is in the morning as I work graveyard. When you can is what is going to work. Just do it.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    you should workout what time you feel most energised to get the most out of your workout, for instance I can't workout first thing because it take my body (and brain!) at least an hour to wake up properly. Plus I like to fuel up with food in the morning to set me up for the day. The time is irrelevant so just focus on how you feel.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    It would seem that for you - the night time is the right time. Good for you!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I typically work out at about 8 or 9 at night. Our schedual is much different from most peoples so that's about mid day for me.

As long as you have a consistent routine - time doesn't matter. Sounds perfect if that is mid-day in your schedule.

If at all possible, I try to avoid heavy cardio too close to bedtime not because of the excelent exercise it provides, but the endorphin high keeps me up and disturbs my sleep.
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I prefer mornings, especially useful once you have kids and you have work out when they are asleep so you can exercise in peace.

It gets me going in the morning, I read that working out late at night can prevent some from sleeping.
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been worried about this too. I work graveyard, 11pm to 7 am, but if I work out when I get home, I'm up foreeeever. lol I tried a few diff things, and I realized I work out best by getting up (between 4 and 5:30 pm) , waiting about 10 minutes to wake up, eat, wait 15-45 min, then lift, then cardio. Then I am starting my day feeling good (about myself) and have a tendency to make better food choices on those days.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Whoever told you that was an idiot. Your body doesn't have a time clock for you to punch. Oh, too late, I just won't burn any calories during this 8 mile run because it's after 8am.

:laugh: :drinker: