Finding it hard

Options
I have set my calories to 1650 and at first it was great, but for some reason the past couple of weeks have been so hard to stay under! I feel so unmotivated and feel like nothing is working. The scale has barely moved and I sometimes wonder if I can even lose the weight.

Replies

• Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can lose. My scale has been moving very slowly. I started focusing more on the other benefits I'm seeing. I'm getting stronger from the exercise I'm getting and I've lost inches. If you eat healthy and exercise you will be successful. Don't give up!
  • Oh come on girl, everyone losing weight has gotten caught in the infamous weight plateau. Some people have many. Some of my friends say that change is the best trick. Change your calorie intake daily like under 1 day and over the next. Same with exercising, change it up, don't just walk a mile every day, try dancing for 30 minutes or weight lifting. It's helped them get over their humps so I hope it'll help you too. You can't give up, keep on moving and grooving!
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been slacking in the exercise department too so I think once I get my mojo back for that everything else will follow...I hope!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very hard! That is why MFP exists! If it was easy, there would be no need for MFP. Keep logging and changing things up is a good idea. Challenge yourself in different ways. Do just a bit extra each day. Sometimes it helps me to get through the low times to look for people to friend and motivate, rather than focusing on how I feel. It's amazing how acting cheerful leads to a more cheerful outlook! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You should log every food you eat everyday. You seem to be missing a lot of days.
    Also, perhaps not eating so much cheese and adding lots more different kinds of veggies, different proteins and more fresh fruit.
    Some nuts or nut butters, do you like eggs for breakfast, how bout some oatmeal sometimes?
    I don't see much fish there either. Do you like chicken and beef?
    Make sure you weigh everything accurately or you may be eating more than you think.
    Drink lots of water and try to move everyday.
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you! :)

My 18 month old started waking up multiple times during the night for the past three weeks solid, so I think the exhaustion is getting to me too and making my motivation very hard to find!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It has been a long time ago for me, but I agree that it is exhausting to be woken up several times during the night. This time will pass. Hang in there! Pretty much every mom/dad has gone through times like this, so you are not alone. Some day you will be staying up late because that same child hasn't come home. It's normal. The question you have to ask yourself is, what kind of shape will you be in at that point?