Hey Lovelies.

Options
I'm trying a new approach to an old problem. I've struggled with EDs a long time.
I want to be kind to myself and loose weight healthy and steady. Would love to make
some friends! I'm a stay at home mom of two young girls. Married 13 years. I'm 31.
I want to loose 80 pounds this year.

Replies

• maraq
    maraq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being ready to change your life!

If you're a reader, I'd recommend checking out books by Geneen Roth for an easy to read & freeing approach to understanding why you have an ED and how to have a healthier relationship with food. Her books helped me tremendously with my own struggles. Just something that might be worth checking out if you're someone who likes to have motivation & inspiration along the way.

Good luck!
  • redhotsc
    redhotsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do this! One step at a time. Anytime that you feel a struggle, reach out for help. You are not alone. I am a working mom of two and had anorexia/ bulimia as a teenager. Every now and then, I feel the compulsive urges creep up (no pun intended). But I have an excellent support system through my husband and friends. Sometimes, they are the ones who recognize when I am getting out of control and call me out on it. The past several years, I had some health troubles and gained A LOT of weight. I am down 28 pounds and have another 65 to go. Every time I start to feel compulsive, I turn to the food diary (and the supports). You can do this. Just take your time and focus on your family and whatever your "happiness" is!