new to MFP boards

Options
Hi! I have been using MFP for a while now, but have never been to the boards. I came on to look for some inspiration, information and support. My family is beyond bored with my diet, exercise, and nutrition "obsession".

I am a married mother of 4 and work part time. I was a novice runner a few years ago. I tore my acl and had to have 4 surgeries. I think I fell into a kind of depression and got to my heaviest non-pregnant weight ever.

I have been working out and watching what I eat regularly since January. I hope to make some friends and get some encouragement here. :-) Jen

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! Making friends is a great way to keep you motivated and accountable on your journey. I know when I first started I didn't have friend on here and now I do and it's made all the difference in my weight loss. I enjoy supporting fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • Jengirton
    Jengirton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :-) I am looking forward to meeting lots of new people here!
  • tuscanyadventure
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I will be having gastric sleeve surgery soon hopefully, I need to lose 20 lbs before I can be scheduled. I started at 307 and am currently 295, I just need 8 more lbs and it is so hard (crying), I have severe fibromalagia and hurt sooo bad but I have been walking my dog twice a day and helping my husband who is disabled. I am currently drinking high protein shakes so hopefully it will help and I have been cheating a little because my daughter was diagnosed with uterine cancer and they''re will be no children for my baby….please pray for her upcoming surgery, and also for me.

God Bless you all on your journey's

Kelly
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!