losing inches?

Options
Could I be still making progress by losing inches but not necessarily losing pounds? Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• snapehbp
    snapehbp Posts: 64
    Options
    Yes. I'm still semi plateauing and loosing/gaining what appears to be the same 2-3 lbs, yet my pants are a size smaller and my measurements are too.

Frustrating at times, but ultimately, for me, better to look/feel/physically smaller than bigger even if the scale isn't moving.
  • KellyKMullis
    KellyKMullis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, are you doing any strength training? I've been doing cardio & weight machines
    And I've notice the clothes are looser but the scale hasn't moved too much.
    Hang in there. Any loss is good in my book!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Yes - this week I gained some weight but lost some inches. I am glad I started to track some of my measurements.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    oh yeah. I've stalled at weight loss but the inches are going down. I don't even have to unbutton my jeans to take them off now! lol
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Yes. I stopped losing weight at 140lbs and I was a size 10 or so. I'm 144 lbs and a size 6/8.

Scale weight is just a number... how your clothes fit is more important anyway.
  • gbutterfly
    gbutterfly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes inches are more important than lbs. We have been trained to focus so much on the number on the scale and it is important but what is more important is lean muscle vs fat. Muscle weights more than fat AND ultimately as we build muscle that will help us burn off fat so that we eventually loose lbs too.

IT seems like the closer you get to your goal weight - the more this becomes a thing where it is really hard to loose each pound, but the more active you are, you continue building lean muscle and gradually shrinking your hips and waist. I lost like 4 lbs, then gained back 2 -but continue to loose inches off my hips. While I hate to see the scale go up - I love to see some definition starting to show in my mid section.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yup. Went six months without losing anything on the scale, but dropped a full size during that time. :drinker: