New Fitness Bands/Which are accurate?

Options
I'm sure everyone has seen the new trend sweeping the fitness world. Fitness bands from FitBit, Jawbone, and Nike have been a huge hit lately.

My question is how accurate will these be for tracking calorie burn for programs like P90X act. that are not based on sets taken? These bands don't have heart rate monitor chest straps, which to wear all day would be a pain.

Which band is the most accurate? Has anyone had success with any of them? and how well do they work with programs like P90X / Insanity / or just regular weight training?

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    wait for the amiigo :)
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    wait for the amiigo :)

Yeah, the Amiigo looks super awesome. I'm on their email list because I'm stoked to get one.

I don't know if any of them will be very accurate for things like P90X. I've heard from Fitbit users that it does add steps for those activities, but there's probably nothing quite as accurate as a HRM for those kinds of things. I have a Fitbit One and I really like it, but I mostly walk, so it works for me.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The Garmin Vivofit should be accurate if you wear the heart rate strap for specific exercise.