getting ready for heart bypass surgery

Options
I just found out a couple of weeks ago that i have to have heart bypass surgery. The doctor told me that i have to go on a diet for one month and then do the surgery. I am currently looking for people that are or have gone through the same thing.
because I am a picky eater I seem to be eating the same things over and over to keep at my 800 calorie diet and am very excited to be a part of this community. I feel like this is going to help me to become a much healthier person.

Replies

• heystephie
    heystephie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not going through the same thing as you but just wanted to say, welcome to MFP and all the best for your surgery! :)
  • titch4ma
    titch4ma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Puppiladi - I myself had a double heart bypass in 2007 (can't believe it is now 7 years ago. I had it done on on 10th December 2007 and was home on 15th December. I couldn't believe how short a time I was in hospital. I recovered pretty quicklyt but I thibnk this was mainly due to me going into the operation with a positive state of mind. That is the best advice I can give you...it makes all the difference. Good luck although I am sure you don't need it. Chris
  • puppyladi
    Options
    thank you so much for the encouragement .... I do have a positive attitude and am sure everything will be fine. I am just not looking forward to it. ;-) thank you again1
  • puppyladi
    Options
    i would love to chat with you about it one time soon when you have the time. ;-)
    Mary
  • susieqq62
    susieqq62 Posts: 11
    Options
    PUP YOU ARE SURELY IN MY PRAYERS.. MY HEART IS HEALTHY SO FAR--BUT I DO HAVE HARDENING OF THE ARTERIES AND MOST OF THE DIABETIC COMPLICATIONS-I AM A VERY PICKY EATER ALSO-I HAD WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY IN 2007 AND HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 235 LBS--I DID LOSE 68 LBS ON MY OWN BEFORE THE SURGERY-- I KNOW IT IS NOT EASY. MY NAME IS SUSIE SMITH AND I LIVE IN PA I AM 51 MARRIED FOR 17 YRS TO JUSTIN AND WE COULD NOT HAVE KIDS--BUT WE HAVE OUR CATS WE LOVE.. SO SORRY FOR THE LARGE PRINT--BUT MY EYE SIGHT IS NOT GOOD.. I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR HEART DOC IS HAVING YOU STICK TO A DIET PLAN AND LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE THE SURGERY--THAT WILL MAKE IT SAFER FOR YOU.. LET ,ME KNOW HOW IT GOES OK..YOU CAN SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST IF YOU LIKE...GOD BLESS AND I PRAY THAT ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR DIET AND SURGERY..