Just joined... Need to loose a lot.... approx. 35Kgs

Options
I have just joined and need to loose a lot of weight. Don't know how am I going to achieve it.

Replies

• dmb9p
    dmb9p Posts: 10
    Options
    Well, I can tell you that you've come to the right place! MFP is full of motivated people who really want to help each other succeed. Good luck!
  • dubaispecial
    dubaispecial Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I want to do it.... Hoping to do it with so many motivated people....
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi and welcome to this wonderful place.

I too have around that weight to lose.

I tell you how to achieve it: by taking one step at a time. I know it's quite depressing to think of 35 kgs in total, and the time it will take to lose them.

First step is to start logging your food, then slowly changing one thing, getting used to it, then change another thing, get used to it... and so on.
    Like cutting down calories slowly, not all at once. Give your stomach and body time to adjust to the changes you're going to make. If you change dramatically all your habits, you might not stick with it.
    Slowly try to eat less calories, until you're at that number MFP gives you. Don't forget to drink a lot of water!

Just as slow as cutting down calories, add some exercise. Not too much at the beginning, again give your body time to get used to those changes. If you hit the gym too bad at the beginning, you might give up because you're sore all over.
    Start with a short walk or 5 or 10 minutes if you haven't done anything at all so far.... slowly adding minutes...

And fix some mini-goals. It's good to have small short term goals, which are easy to achieve, this gives you more motivation than seeing a very big number and knowing it takes an eternity to reach that goal.

Step by step you'll come closer to your goal...

Wish you good luck!

MM
  • jessimacar
    Options
    I started with 95lbs (about 45kgs) to lose, and I've lost almost 15lbs of it so far! So I still have about as much to lose as you do.. We can both do this, I've lost some weight and it was pretty easy, I'm sure you could do it too! Just by watching what you eat (without any crazy fad diets) and exercising a little more, you'll be surprised how much weight you can lose!

You can do this, it'll just take a little while. Add me if you'd like!!

I'm glad you found this site - everyone here is so friendly, and great motivators!! They're the reason I've done so well this far (and my fantastic boyfriend of course! Lol)
  • kellycrow
    Options
    take it one day at a time. if you have a day where you "mess up", that's okay - just keep going... you will get there...
  • dubaispecial
    dubaispecial Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.... It is really nice to get so many replies in a day.... Will definitely try to keep coming here and check my weight...