Can You Bank Calories?

If I have left over calories from the day or days before in a week, can I add them to the next day? It would be like looking at the calorie in-take over a week instead of just one day. Would that affect my overall weekly weight loss?

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    I do this often and it hasn't effected my weight loss. You should be fine :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Sure, sometimes you workout late and hard, and can't eat those calories back that night, and the body during repair actually needs more tomorrow anyway.

Sometimes it's better.
  • Thx! Good to know it hasn't affected your weight loss! It looks like you know what you're doing. :)
  • Thx. That is very helpful.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    You can see your average weight loss over the week in the mobile app. As long as your average is on goal, it shouldn't have any affect on how fast you lose.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    If I have left over calories from the day or days before in a week, can I add them to the next day? It would be like looking at the calorie in-take over a week instead of just one day. Would that affect my overall weekly weight loss?
    Yes. For example, I do weight lifting on M,W,F, which burns fewer calories than my running days of Tues, Thurs, and one weekend day, therefore I eat "over" on weight lifting days and "under" on running days. My spreading out is about 100-200 calories, but I run 4-6 miles three days a week and that burns a lot of calories (400-500).
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    That's what I do.

And it's perfectly fine unless you find yourself starving yourself throughout the week so you can binge, then it's not quite such a good idea, but other than that, looking at the week is more realistic. Some days you are just more hungry than others