Bud Light's Straw-ber-ita's, Lime - a -ritas, etc.

Options
This question is only for those who have tried these. Have you tried these? It is a premium malt beverage like beer 8% alcohol. I have been drinking these for like 2 months. I can't tell if they are making me gain weight. Do they put weight on you like regular beer? do they also bloat your stomach like regular beer and what other effect do they have on the body?

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I THINK they contain a lot more sugar and calories then beer. Are you logging them?
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tried the Raz-ber-ita ohhh lawd! I don't even drink but it was good no bad feeling or anything.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love them, but they are very salty, which could lead to water retention, if you drink many of them.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    They also hit me VERY fast and pretty hard compared to regular beer.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    These are so good! I love them. They hit me really fast too~

But, the 8oz can has 200 calories for only 8%abv, so I rarely drink them. So much sugar!!
  • ktkdmommy
    ktkdmommy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ive had the lime-a-rita! I am not sure about the calorie content but definitely has more sugar and A LOT more sodium which could cause you to bloat. (they are so yummy though)
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I had one when I was on vacation visiting my family. They are sugary and caloric, but if you stay within your calories and have one occasionally as a treat, you should be fine. Definitely not something you want to be drinking regularly, though.
  • moviestarsara
    Options
    I think everything is okay in moderation. As long as you're not over doing it, they shouldn't be hindering your weight loss.

They're delicious, but give me heart burn so it's really easy for me to limit myself.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Aside from just being a bad excuse for beer, they arent -by themselves- making you gain weight any more than anything else that would put you over your TDEE.

I regularly drink beers that are 11-17% ABV, I just fit them into my day when I decide to indulge.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Dear God why would you drink that.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    No thank you. That stuff is horrid. I only drink craft beer and real margaritas.
  • karmelkutie310
    karmelkutie310 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had numerous setbacks due to drinking so I just had let the alcohol go all together. The sugar, sodium, carb and empty calories aren't worth it at all either. Those things are just about as horrible as 4 Lokos... basically just garbage in a can. Lime-a-ritas, the mango, raspberry, and strawberry ones do taste amazing in my opinion but I gave up alcohol completely since beer is high on the GI scale and affects your blood sugar levels, which makes you hungry, and alcohol lowers your inhibitions and you might not bother about what you eat, chips, burger or whatever is available at the time. I'm sure they are fine in "moderation" but if you are anything like me they'll hold your efforts back big time! Believe me I love to have a drink or two but now I've limited it to once month and I've been making crazy progress :) Good Luck
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    No thank you. That stuff is horrid. I only drink craft beer and real margaritas.

what a useful post
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes yes it could cause weight gain if you are thinking the calories are comparable to regular beer, a 12 oz bud light has 110 cals

A strawberita for 12 oz has 308 cals. So calorie wise, it's like drinking three regular bud lights every time you have one of those.

Yeah, that could pack on the pounds if you aren't considering that in your calorie goals....
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You would do better to have a "regular beer". Those will have all the same effects as a "regular beer" except they will make you fat a lot quicker.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you will like these but I found these recipes which are for a few different ones all ranging from 105 to 135 calories each. Maybe you can try making them for yourself instead

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1273-margarita-mania
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

what a useful post

As useful as yours :P