help.....trouble with carbs...need advice

Options
I am eating 1200 cals. I hardly ever meet half of my carbs allowed and I am usually over in the protein. I have been counting calories and working out 2 months.However I have slacked a bit with both here and there. I have lost 12 lbs. and weight loss has remained the same for week, stuck. Do I need more carbs? Advice please.

Replies

• webebeer
    Options
    I am eating 1200 cals. I hardly ever meet half of my carbs allowed and I am usually over in the protein. I have been counting calories and working out 2 months.However I have slacked a bit with both here and there. I have lost 12 lbs. and weight loss has remained the same for week, stuck. Do I need more carbs? Advice please.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I notice that myself. I usually have just over half my carb intake and I don't count or limit carbs, it just happens (I love carbs because I jog) and I always go over in protein. You know what I noticed in my journal, when I conciously started adding more fruits and veggies the carbs went up, never to the full amount alloted but definately up. What about your journal? Can you add 1/2 apple or banana? 1/2 cupCarrots, a Vgo juice? ( high in salt but easy veggie)..high carbs, gooooood carbs!

Anne
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    eat an apple. It will be a quarter of your daily carb intake...
  • morrius
    morrius Posts: 16
    Options
    yeah apples are great and so is v-8 juice, just alot of salt. i have no prob with the carbs sadly, i usually have to stop eating those because i love fruit so much.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I am really gunning for protein here...just think about this:

Protein and Carbs have the same amount of calories per gram (4). So eating more protein in place of carbs won't increase your caloric intake.

Carbs are great for energy. But they can't rebuild muscle, and they don't promote feelings of fullness.

The recommended amount of protein, which I believe is 15%, is fine for someone who isn't active. But if you're performing activity and breaking down muscle tissue, you need protein to build it back up!

If you're not losing, it's either because you're putting on some muscle mas (YAY, this increases your metabolism), or it's just a slow week because weight loss and fat loss are neither the same thing, nor are they linear. Don't listen to your scale that closely.

Keep eating the protein. It will benefit you greatly in the long run. :)