How do you eat on 1200 cals?

13»

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    This is no doubt because you opted to lose 2lb a week.

Try 0.5lb or 1lb and then you can eat more, lose it slower and healthier, and it's more likely to stay off.

I've just changed mine to 0.5lb a week which gives 1480, but that's because I'm down as sedentary and haven't had a gym membership for 3 weeks. I am joining a new gym today after my old contract ended and I had to wait due to money.

Or what you may want to do is select to lose 0lb a week, eat that number it gives you, and use your exercise as a deficit rather than cut back on food.

All you need is a calorie deficit, doesn't matter how you get that.
  • noorali9026040
    noorali9026040 Posts: 4 Member
    hi all
    nice to me you ...
    and see your fabulous achievement
    this is my first week also
    in the three days i ate only 450 cal for each day ...
    and i feel very comfortable and not feeling hungry at all even after or during exercise
    i don't know if its normal or no !!!
    or if its a good way to complete my goal !!?
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    hi all
    nice to me you ...
    and see your fabulous achievement
    this is my first week also
    in the three days i ate only 450 cal for each day ...
    and i feel very comfortable and not feeling hungry at all even after or during exercise
    i don't know if its normal or no !!!
    or if its a good way to complete my goal !!?

450 a day is not healthy. Eat more. Your body needs a lot more fuel to sustain itself or you will get very ill. Particularly if you are exercising. You probably need to try and hit a baseline of at least 1200 a day.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    I do 1300-1400 per day which I would recommend instead of 1200. I tried doing 1200 and hit a road block fast. I talked to my trainer at the gym and he said to up my calories. Did so and the weight started falling off.

I do 200 or less for breakfast, 200 or less for lunch. I do 100-150 calories for my morning snacks + 100-150 for evening and the rest I use up with dinner, protein drinks and desert. I reward myself at the end of the day with chocolate.

It is possible to eat low calorie and still enjoy food. You just have to be selective and watch your portions.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Its hard to stick to 1200 a day...I have really upped my veggies and other then that I eat a ton of turkey and chicken to get my protein in order to feel full..i was eating all my exercise calories back for the last 9 months, however I have not lost any weight doing that...I am just now doing 1200 and not eating my exercise back and I must admit I am hungry....drinking more water and eating cucumbers...etc....I think getting the last 10/15pounds off is tough...hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • noorali9026040
    noorali9026040 Posts: 4 Member

450 a day is not healthy. Eat more. Your body needs a lot more fuel to sustain itself or you will get very ill. Particularly if you are exercising. You probably need to try and hit a baseline of at least 1200 a day.

thanks for ur replying
    i feel scared if i eat more than that ...
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    How do you eat on 1200 cals?

I can only do it if I don't eat out. Even restaurants one would consider healthy put me over the calorie count.
  • ainokea8
    ainokea8 Posts: 95
    I eat about 1300 calories a day.

Cutting out the carbs at dinner really cuts back the calories. Like just having a 6 oz chicken breast with steamed veggies on the side equals up to about 300 calories. Substituting squash spaghetti instead of actual spaghetti can also cut down the calories insanely.

Breakfast also tends to be around 200 calories since I'm never really hungry in the morning so I tend to have a light breakfast so that leaves 800 calories. I can either have a huge lunch or have a moderate lunch (400-500 calories) and still have 300 left over to snack on whatever I want.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Below is less then 600 calories...ignore the numbers after ..its the protein, carb and other counts....This is a large b-fast/ lunch and snack...A TON OF PROTEIN with the turkey(8 ounces!), shrimp and greek yogurt....my food for the day!

Generic Raw - Sweet Bell Pepper (Red, Yellow, Green), 50 g 17 8 0 1 3 5 
    Mccormick - Garlic Salt, 1/4 teaspoon (1.4 g) 0 0 0 0 0 490 
    Miracle Noodles - Angel Hair (Corrected), 6 oz (85g) 0 0 0 0 0 0 
    Butterball - Turkey Breast Filet Extra Lean, 8 oz 240 0 1 56 0 110 
    Marketside - Broccoli Slaw (Net Carbs), 5 c (85g) 100 8 0 8 12 100 
    Wal-mart - Large Shrimp (41-60), Cooked, Tail On, Peeled, Devained (Correct), 2 oz 70 1 1 13 0 535 
    Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise Dressing (Correct - Mayo, 1 TBSP 35 1 4 0 0 125 
    Broccoli - Raw, 50 g 17 3 0 1 1 17 
    Great Value - Greek Nonfat Yogurt Plain, 0.5 cup 60 5 0 12 0 58 
    Hershey's Coca Natural Unsweetened - Chocolate Baking Powder, 1 TBSP (5G) 10 3 1 1 2 0 
    Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 1 cup shredded 10 2 0 1 1 7 
    Bella Vita - Low Carb Pasta Sauce, Meat Flavored (Net Carbs), 1/4 cup (125g) 35 2 3 1 1 295 