MFP Rocks - Thank you MFP!!!!

larsbeachgirl
larsbeachgirl Posts: 39
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Not long ago I wrote this on my News Feed to share with my friends here .... then I thought maybe I should share it here too.... (pasting >>>)

Last night was a celebration for my friend (who inspired my Healthy life change) who was in 12 week lose weight program....which she has just completed her 3rd one... I'm going to sound horrible but don't mean to - she has done extremely well!! and I don't want to take that away from her because I am soooo proud of her achievement - in total she has lost 35kg!!! OMG fantastic!!! :D:) BUT... it has cost her quite a bit of $$$ ...she doesn't mind, and the has a girl crush on Mish, etc,etc so there is not changing her mind...

The thing is (here is the *****y bit) she could have done it all for free using the FANTASTIC website!!!!!

MFP provides LOTS (and I mean LOTS) of wonderful advise and information (in different forum and all), and the support system here is beyond words!!! I have only achieved a small weight loss (so far....) but think she could have the same result using MFP and saved her money in the mean time... BTW she is looking to do another 12 wk session starting next year... caaaa-chiiiingggggg!!!

THANK YOU MFP for being here for us people who can't afford to pay for such services and who desperately, desperately(!!!!) need guidance and support with our loss. Without MFP most of us would not be able to learn sooooo much about living a healthy lifestyle, achieve our goals and not to mention find new and fantastic friendships along the way.... and thank you my dear friends for your continued support and strength which is ALWAYS there when I need it xx :D (I feel like that was a speech for an award... hahaha)

(end paste)

MFP ROCKS :love: :drinker:

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    MFP does ROCK!!! But each person has to do things their own way. For some people who pay out large sums of money, that may be the motivation they need i.e. I have to do this because I paid for it. Kind of like joining a gym or fitness center versus doing the exercises at home. I personally can't afford a fitness center membership and so the only option is doing it at home and using whatever is available. Other's, however, are only motivated if they have paid for the membership and thus feel the need to justify that membership fee by working out every day or several times a week. Just different motivations for different people. Your friend has done a fantastic job - if it is working for her, then help her celebrate. You too are making progress doing this your way - Wonderful for both of you.

Vickie
  • Thanks vikiele1 :smile: you have done a fantastic job yourself!!!- in such a short time- you go girl!!! .... I absolutely agree with what you say RE: paying can be motivation for some people.

You and I are in the same boat - where we can't afford all of that expense and I guess the whole point of my post was to praise MFP for their services because it has helped me (and I know many others who are in the same boat) sooooo much... and there is also the disappointment that I can't have my friend here so that we can enjoy the journey together :sad: - She is my Best Friend from Highschool, we are very close.

I have supported my friend 100% from the moment she told me her plan to lose weight and, infact she inspired me to start getting serious about living a healthier life. She lives an hour away from me so this forum would be perfect to help me support her more!!! :happy: I wish we could do physical activities together but it's just not possible (I have 2 little children so I can't just go and meet her at the drop of a hat).

MFP has helped me change my life and view fitness/lifestyle in a different way and the friendships I have made here is AMAZING, not to mention the support - I'm an MFP junkie :laugh: *Big shout out to my peeps* :happy:
This discussion has been closed.