Christmas Morning 5K Run/Walk

Options
I would like to run a Christmas 5k and there isn't one near me. Would anyone like to join me on a Christmas morning run??? We can do it on our treadmill or outside whatever you prefer. The goal is to COMPLETE NOT COMPETE!! Let's see how many people we can get involved.

Replies

• Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

I'm up early as I have to work Christmas morning and could probably do with earning a few more calories for my Christmas lunch.
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, mine will have to be Christmas night as I'm on call for work all day... I think we should plan for a New Years Day run also!
  • NayaThompson
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • erica714
    erica714 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Doddiellie
    Doddiellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, I'm visiting the in-laws so impossible to do a dvd work out and a good chance to get out and escape them for a good 20 mins or so :wink:
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    I won't be running, (too heavy to do it safely) but I will be walking my usually 3 miles (5 km) on Christmas day.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'll do this with you. I'm only on week 4 of c25k right now, but I can jog/walk the whole 5k. Great idea, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in!:smile:
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing the same thing. With the gym closed I will be feeling lost so a good 5k walk/jog (depending on the weather) sounds perfect.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Sounds good as long as the weather cooperates. Maybe I get convince my husband to come with me :smile:
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm in!!
    879845.png
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Count me in too, I'm visiting the in-laws so impossible to do a dvd work out and a good chance to get out and escape them for a good 20 mins or so :wink:

LoL, I agree. My in-laws are visiting us!
  • itsbella
    Options
    I'm in too, mine will have to be Christmas night as I'm on call for work all day... I think we should plan for a New Years Day run also!

I can do NY's Eve.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I'm in...Im starting wk 4 of the Couch to 5K this week so it will be interesting to see if I complete 3 miles by Christmas.
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Yep for sure!! I'll probably do it on the beach .... woot!
  • itsbella
    Options
    I'm in...Im starting wk 4 of the Couch to 5K this week so it will be interesting to see if I complete 3 miles by Christmas.

I never thought that I would be able to run past 5.2 mph...now I've been doing some hiit on the treadmill. I walk for 1 min at 3 - 3.5 mph and 1 min at 6.5 mph. If you would've said 'Hey Bella this December you're gonna be able to run at 6.5, I would've fallen of the treadmill and vomitted!!! Sooooo, it's very possible that you will COMPLETE this 3.2 mile challenge by Christmas!! What a wonderful gift that would be to give to your SELF!! :o)
  • itsbella
    Options
    Yep for sure!! I'll probably do it on the beach .... woot!

Soooo not fair! :o)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'm from Montana but will be visiting in-laws in Reno, Nevada over Christmas so yes I will run a 5k with ya!!! I am sure most gyms will be closed so I will have to map me a route beings I'm a country girl and all!! City running is never fun for me, living in the country I never really worry about anything but maybe a snake!!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!