NO FAST FOOD 1 WEEK CHALLENGE- DAY 1!

Options
"Save money! Lose weight!" Remember the mantra this week and drive PAST the drive-thru! Maybe it should be "Save money! Save your LIFE!"?

Grab snacks, pack lunches, plan dinner TODAY so when it is time to cook for you and/or your fam, you don't throw in the towel and order out!

Let us know if your in and any great ideas for fast, easy, healthy meals.

Good health my friends! :drinker:

Replies

• ashleysmommy
    Options
    I'm completely broke until Friday so this should be an easy one for me.... I'm in with you!
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    Im with you too, I've had take away twice over the weekend and dont feel good for it, im going to give it a miss this week, put those saved pennies towards some more stocking fillers for the kids :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :wink:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am with you atleast for the rest of the week! As i have already had some junk :(
    Will follow now onwards! :)
  • zizzy33
    Options
    Jumping on board. Great idea - will see if I can pull it off. Time to test my will power ! Thanks for the idea.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Gonna try it. It will get really hard about Thursday or Friday, but gonna do my best!
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    let's get the ball rolling! I'm super broke this week, so the only eating out I'm doing this week is meeting the caterer tonight to sample his food so we can see if we want to book him for our reception.
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! Need to save as much as I can for Christmas!!! Everyone have a great week and I know we will all do well!!!

Mary
  • mssarah82
    mssarah82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I have already done this for a year. Its great! And when I feel like "fast food" I make it at home and BOY the calories and $$$$ you save and how EASY it is to make what you love. Even my hubby likes when we cook his fast food favs at home.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should just quit eating fast foods all together!!!! has been 2 months for me and I used to eat it 3 or 4 times a week. Good luck everyone !!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge. I have some great meals to share that are family favs and lower in fat and much healthier. Have a fantastic day everyone.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I can totally do this this challenge... starting tomorrow. I have some leftovers that I don't want to throw away from a really expensive Italian restaurant I ate at this weekend. But I'm not trying to make excuses.....*LOL* I've actually been able to go three months without fast food and I felt so much better and I did shed some weight as well.

Shannon
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    im in too
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So far so good--my snacks are packed!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Count me in......:-)
  • ChickEata
    ChickEata Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So...what does this look like when you won't be home for about...I don't know...the whole week...
  • ashliz2012
    Options
    great idea. I'm broke until Thursday and I think that's where a good chunk of my paycheck is going I'm sad to say. I'm in!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    hope everyone steered clear of the drive thru today! just got done MAKING dinner for the fam and myself.

@tanya.....PLANNING, pack your snacks, pack your lunch, throw dinner in the slow-cooker. leftovers the next night. i know YOU and you are a resourceful woman! i've seen what you can pull off for events, put a small bit of that genius into your meal plans! :smooched:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    so breakfast was at home, package oatmeal nuked up.

lunch, came home and ate the turkey breast cutlet i cooked the night before (bought a pack and cooked them all up at once and put in a container).

dinner, made hamburgers for the fam, threw talapia filets in the oven for me, ready in 10 min.

snacks were 2 hard boiled eggs, (again, boiled up a dozen last night for the week) and a 25 cal swiss miss hot chocolate!