Do people log how much sugar they add in their food?

Options
Like in a bowl of cereal or something. Because i found out like yesterday each teaspoon of sugar has 12 calories and ive never logged in the amount of sugar i put in my food until yesterday :P

Replies

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yes I always do. Sugar has a lot of calories so I'm not sure why I wouldn't.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do....but it's very rare for me to sweeten food with sugar.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    log EVERYTHING you shove down your neck ..... it all adds up !! :-)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    Yes if I add sugar to cereal ( or tea or coffee or anything else) then I log it.
  • oSummerRaeo
    oSummerRaeo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Srs question? Of course you log it!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    just eat presweeten cereal problem solved.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Everything, right down to what I put in my coffee.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    yes, calories add up quickly if you don't
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    yes...I also log Splenda if I add it to something.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Yes. Granted, I don't put sugar in much- outside of cooking, the only thing I do with sugar is put it in my coffee. If I bake or cook with it, it's an ingredient that is accounted for when I build the recipe in the calculator.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If I added sugar to a meal I would definitely log it! I log ketchup, mayonnaise etc. They all contain calories so you need to account for them.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Log everything, EVERYTHING, that you eat.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Of course I would log it. I never add sugar to anything except my coffee as I have stopped using artificial sweeteners.
    I also use sugar cubes to get a more accurate result for my coffee, some times you think you added a teaspoon when it was closer to a tablespoon. Sugar can ad a boatload of empty calories if we are not careful.
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Of course, but I don't log added salt (naughty!) and occasionally I don't log dried herbs and spices (e.g. basil, black pepper) . I would, but you never know how much salt something needs until you keep tasting it and it tastes just right! Hard to measure it out beforehand :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, log it.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No I don't cause I don't add it to my foods :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Yes I always do. Sugar has a lot of calories so I'm not sure why I wouldn't.
    Sorry to be pedantic but sugar has no more calories in per gram than any other carb.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    um yes.. if you bite it, you write it. every thing adds up as far as calories go. you should log everything like condiments or sugar or vegies or water even. if not you are only lying to yourself. find yourself a cereal that doesn't require added sugar.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sugar has calories, you can't expect to get an accurate calorie log if you don't note sugar. This goes, as others have said, for the milk/cream you put in your coffee, any condiments (mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, vinegar, salsa) you use, oils used in cooking, etc. I usually don't bother with dried herbs (the amount you have to add to get even 1 calorie is crazy) but fresh I do (since I use more of them).

Don't even get me started on baking ingredients!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    BLUF: Yes.
    If you are serious about your heath regardless of your goals; measure, weigh, and log everything that you put in your body. I myself haven’t used sugar (as an additive) in a long time; I either add honey or agave nectar and usually, no more than a tsp. or two to my oatmeal. Not that I’m claiming either are better than sugar; I just prefer the two as a sweetener.
    Good luck in reaching your goals.
    V/r,
    DW