how long to loose weight from TOM?

Options
How long does it take you to lose the water weight you typically put on during your TOM? And how much do you usually gain. Friday was my first cycle day and today it has quit. I weigh 3 more pounds then I did Friday. I was hoping I had lost some weight... maybe I have and I am carrying more then 3 extra pounds of water. Any recomendations on how to flush it out?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Usually takes 3-5 days to come off. I'll usually gain 2-3 lbs.

Nothing you can do but drink water and wait it out.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    At least a week. Drink a lot of water. As long as you're still eating right/working out it will go back down.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    gain shows for 3 - 5 days and I usually see a gain of 2-3lbs :/
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I sometimes go up by 5 lbs!! It would normally take 3-5 days to come off.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
    Lose - be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).

Sorry that drives me nuts!

And to answer your question, about three days.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    2-3# gain. 10 days to 2 weeks to lose it.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Last cycle, it took me 10-14 days to lose it post TOM
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Usually about a week, with steady decrease throughout that time. But it also depends on how much sodium I'm consuming during that time.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A few days after it ends, usually 3-5.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself the week of my period or the first half of the week after. I wait till I'm about 4-5 days off of it to weigh, sometimes more, I always am a lot happier with the number :)
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself the week of my period or the first half of the week after. I wait till I'm about 4-5 days off of it to weigh, sometimes more, I always am a lot happier with the number :)

My weigh-in week IS my period week xP It happened by accident and I didn't want to change it. It's consistent though, so that's what's important.

Edit - I only record my weight once a month but weigh every week o:
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing - I weigh myself this morning and i gained 4 lbs after daily exercises. At least i know it's normal.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options

My weigh-in week IS my period week xP It happened by accident and I didn't want to change it. It's consistent though, so that's what's important.

Edit - I only record my weight once a month but weigh every week o:

I try to weigh and record every month too ..... buuuuut sometimes we just get impatient!! lol
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 5 pounds during TOM. I also overeat a bit during TOM. Then I typically have one day of sort of getting back on track and typically record my lowest weight of the month 2 days after my last day of TOM.