How much can I expect my face to change from losing 50 lbs

Options
I have chubby cheeks right now and a double chin

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Hard to say, it's different for everyone.

I have a round face. I've lost 50 lbs. Is it still round? Yup. Just not as much.
  • Leesha97
    Leesha97 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My face didn't thin out until I was under about 28% body fat. I think, as the previous poster pointed out, it depends on what your face type is naturally.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above posters.

My face is noticeably thinner after 43lbs but I've seen more drastic changes than mine.

20576204_1940.jpg
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For a lot of people the face is where you lose weight first, or is most noticeable. I've lost 66 lbs and it's been a pretty drastic change for me...although losing 66 lbs has been drastic all over. As others said it will be different for everyone. But here's my comparison if you're interested:

77tQE2G.jpg?1
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I did not realize how chubby my face really was until I lost 50 LMAO - my profile pic has me and my husband both before and after about 50 pounds :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above posters.

My face is noticeably thinner but not in a drastic way. Check out my photos and you'll see the comparison.

agree with this...I have lost 45lbs and my face is slimmer but not in a drastic way either.

I have photos in my profile that show me pretty heavy vs now...
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For a lot of people the face is where you lose weight first, or is most noticeable. I've lost 66 lbs and it's been a pretty drastic change for me...although losing 66 lbs has been drastic all over. As others said it will be different for everyone. But here's my comparison if you're interested:

77tQE2G.jpg?1

your face looks so amazing!
  • maria96969
    Options
    I have lost about 23 pounds and my face is a lot thinner than it used to be. A lot of people have commented on it, even people that don't see me very often. My friend has also lost quite a bit of weight and her face is pretty much the same so it just depends :)
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of folks look younger in their success post after their weight loss. Unfortunately, I look older. The loss of weight allowed my wrinkles to show & my dimples aren't as big. :ohwell:
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    it really varies, my friend became quite seriously anorexic and her face stayed rounded whereas I lost 15lbs and noticed it massively in my face
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    it is different for everyone I guess. Some will lose more and some will lose less. I've lost around 60 pounds (33 kgs-i don't know how many pounds exactly) and my face is less chubby for sure....much less chubby in fact xP
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I agree, it varies for everyone, if you are someone who holds alot of weight in your face then you will most likely see a big change, but if you have overall small features it might be very little. I found by 50ish lbs gone I def had lots it in my face but to me it wasn't drastic but by the time I hit 85lbs gone I could finally see it myself without requiring comparison pics.

Here is are before/afters of me so you understand what I mean:

30awh3p.jpg

&

90c191.jpg
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Made one of these side-by-sides for my face changes a while back. Too lazy to construct one representing my full weight loss, but you can see the difference.

facecomparison_zps76ea93ef.jpg

Notice how 40 lbs later, I had a jawline again!