Teatox...? Worth it or bad for you?

Options
I have been following #Skinnymetearesults on Instgram for some time now and despite having finally decided to dismiss all faddy weightloss pills etc, I CANNOT help but be inspired by the way they comparison pictures look on this company's Instagram!!

What strikes me most of all is that the feedback from clients are not just raving about their weightloss (of on average around 5kg after 14 days) but also the reduction in bloating and ability to feel the symptoms of the likes of IBS etc fading....

Can any of you advise on a brand of tea or give me any advice/success stories of your own before I decide whether I am going to give in to my curiosity and sheer optimism and order some of this Skinnymetea!!

:):)

Replies

• JenzL13
    Options
    Hey.. Did you end up ordering this? I too have seen a bit around instagram and I'm curious :)
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    It is a scam.
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been following #Skinnymetearesults on Instgram for some time now and despite having finally decided to dismiss all faddy weightloss pills etc, I CANNOT help but be inspired by the way they comparison pictures look on this company's Instagram!!

What strikes me most of all is that the feedback from clients are not just raving about their weightloss (of on average around 5kg after 14 days) but also the reduction in bloating and ability to feel the symptoms of the likes of IBS etc fading....

Can any of you advise on a brand of tea or give me any advice/success stories of your own before I decide whether I am going to give in to my curiosity and sheer optimism and order some of this Skinnymetea!!

Hey there! Well, I have done the teatox with Bootea from England (similar to Skinnyme) and I LOVED it! Dont worry I am not selling the product or anything like that I just get frustrated that people are dismissing it as a scam.

Its not a miracle weight-loss system but it is a GREAT all natural detox. When I did it I found my skin was clearer, I didnt feel "back-ed up" (digestive), I had more energy and I definitely lost some bloat. I did this about a year ago and it definitely kick started a 20 pound weight loss (it started it it wasnt the reason for it!) It has a day time tea that energizes and detoxes you from all the nasty toxins in your body and a night time tea you take every other day that cleans out your digestive tract.

I loved it so much I am doing it again! Just thought you would want to hear from someone who has actually tried it and has no unrealistic expectations that its a miracle or a scam.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options

Hey there! Well, I have done the teatox with Bootea from England (similar to Skinnyme) and I LOVED it! Dont worry I am not selling the product or anything like that I just get frustrated that people are dismissing it as a scam.

Its not a miracle weight-loss system but it is a GREAT all natural detox. When I did it I found my skin was clearer, I didnt feel "back-ed up" (digestive), I had more energy and I definitely lost some bloat. I did this about a year ago and it definitely kick started a 20 pound weight loss (it started it it wasnt the reason for it!) It has a day time tea that energizes and detoxes you from all the nasty toxins in your body and a night time tea you take every other day that cleans out your digestive tract.

I loved it so much I am doing it again! Just thought you would want to hear from someone who has actually tried it and has no unrealistic expectations that its a miracle or a scam.

This teatox sounds really good - Has anyone got any good websites on it so I can have a read up : )

Im up for a detox and get rid of any bad toxins!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't a detox. That is what your kidney and liver are for.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Your body doesn't a detox. That is what your kidney and liver are for.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest

This x100000
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do you like laxatives? Because that's what TeaTox is. Total bunk.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MrsGreco wrote: »
    I just started the Skinny Mint teatox today. It's so yummy! I'll let you know after the 14-day teatox is over. So far I love it. Great energy and I have been peeing tons lol

It's a laxative. You're taking stimulant laxatives for 14 days. You could get 14 days worth of that laxative at kmart for $2.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    OR you can use:
    teact1tqaihq.jpeg

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    OR you can use:
    teact1tqaihq.jpeg

Awww! I love that movie.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Is there an emoticon for banging head against a wall, cos srsly, the dumb *kitten* I've read on here today.

I should probably go do some yoga to re-zen myself...
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    OR you can use:
    teact1tqaihq.jpeg

Awww! I love that movie.

"Face it lady, we're younger and faster!"
    "Face it girls. I'm older and I have more insurance."

:heart:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    OR you can use:
    teact1tqaihq.jpeg

Awww! I love that movie.

Me as well!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I tried using Tiny Tea about a year and a half ago and it did *kitten* all. Some teas do act as natural laxatives, and I feel like that's all this tea will do for you (if anything).
    In fact this tea IS a laxative. It doesn't just act like one, that's what it is: a laxative. It's SENNA.
    http://www.drugs.com/senna.html
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    OR you can use:
    teact1tqaihq.jpeg

Awww! I love that movie.

BEST line ever!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    MrsGreco wrote: »
    I just started the Skinny Mint teatox today. It's so yummy! I'll let you know after the 14-day teatox is over. So far I love it. Great energy and I have been peeing tons lol

You have energy and peeing due to the caffeine in it. There is nothing magic about this tea, or any other tea, or any food, the magic is in eating less calories than you burn. That's it. :)
  • Alatariel75
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I find it scary how many people who would (sensibly) be horrified at the idea of dropping a laxette a day for 14 days as a weight loss method are duped into considering teas like this.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Nothing like reviving year old dead posts for no other reason than to beat a dead horse.

Carry on then.

Rigger
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I tried using Tiny Tea about a year and a half ago and it did *kitten* all. Some teas do act as natural laxatives, and I feel like that's all this tea will do for you (if anything).
    In fact this tea IS a laxative. It doesn't just act like one, that's what it is: a laxative. It's SENNA.
    http://www.drugs.com/senna.html

I didn't actually look at what the tea is they're referring to, I just meant normal teas like chamomile or earl grey.
    You specifically named the tiny tea and stated that you used it and it had a laxative effect. It did, because it was a laxative.

• Liftng4Lis
    Options
    OR you can use:
    teact1tqaihq.jpeg

Awww! I love that movie.

Laughs, dang now I have to go watch it again!