Does anyone use Wii Fit Plus?

Options
We bought this for our kids who loved using it at their aunt's house. I thought it was great as I watched...kind of like
having a personal trainer.

I liked the yoga, strength training and aerobics. But I've only watched it so far....I have yet to try it because it is a
Christmas gift for the kids...

I also have a "gym"/treadmill and weights in our basement that I will use.

Just looking for some thoughts or if anyone has really gotten in shape by Wii Fit.

Thanks

Replies

• CORTNEY5
    CORTNEY5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    BUMP I am getting this as a christmas gift as well :)
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    I haven't used it personally, but my sister has the Wii Fit Plus. and uses it, along with regular runs, and eating properly to help her stay in shape. she says it works for her.... all I can suggest is if your kids will allow you. try it out for a week or two, and if it works for you. ask your kids if you can continue using it for your exercises, (preferably when they don't want to play their games.)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun! I didn't get in shape with it, mostly because I went into starvation mode without realizing it. Plus, with two small kids who don't nap at the same time I can't use it during the day. My daughter wants to play it and always gets in my way. But, I really like it. You can get a good workout on it. You'll probably need something more though. There are tons of other exercise games for the Wii and finding some combination will probably give you some great results.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My hubby bought this for me a few months ago and I LOVE it! I walk every single day but several days per week I add the Wii Fit Plus. The boxing and hula hooping are my favorites as they seem to give me the best workout. Plus its fun! But you really have to get into it to get that good workout.

Good luck fighting the kids for it! :) You will all enjoy it.
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus!! Definitely helps with the motivation....there is also a jogging one in there and the bowling definitely makes you sore the next day :)
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I say you're the mommy....do what you want :wink:

I have wii Fit at home and I really like it. I don't use it for my primary workout, but it can work for you. The biggest thing for me was to make sure I was focusing on putting a lot into it. Obviously there's nothing pushing you so you have to make it strenuous. It's also fun! Sometimes the kids will do it with me - nothing like doing a virtual jog through the park with your kids :laugh:
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    i use it a lot. there are lots of fun games, plus i like to do the free aerobics or whatever its called, where i can do the step aerobics while watching tv. i also have golds gym dance workout game, its really fun and i really good work out! definately makes you sweat!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love our Wii Fit Plus (last year I got it for Christmas). You can do a free run or a free step, it will keep going while you watch TV. It's fantastic, next thing you know you've done 30 min of stepping. I hold a couple of 3lb weights and work my arms and put ankle weights for an extra workout. The kids think it's so cool that they do their 30 min after me (less the weights). The kung fu and boxing are fun as well along with the yoga and stretching. This is what I'm using to lose weight and I take the dog for a walk. It seems to be working for me. Slow and steady, that's what wins the race.

Take care and good luck with your journey.

Carrie
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    I say you're the mommy....do what you want :wink:

I have wii Fit at home and I really like it. I don't use it for my primary workout, but it can work for you. The biggest thing for me was to make sure I was focusing on putting a lot into it. Obviously there's nothing pushing you so you have to make it strenuous. It's also fun! Sometimes the kids will do it with me - nothing like doing a virtual jog through the park with your kids :laugh:

Lmao gotta love that ' nothing like doing a virtual jog through the park with your kids ':laugh:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You should get the game Just Dance 2. It is a GREAT workout (trust me you will break a huge sweat if you do it for 30 minutes lol) and it doesn't feel like exercise!
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus!! Definitely helps with the motivation....there is also a jogging one in there and the bowling definitely makes you sore the next day :)

I love the boxing on there too!