Lunches

Options
I need to get rid of those last 10 pounds! I'm the first to admit, I want to do it fast, so I do peruse the magazines in the checkout lanes that promise "lose 20 pounds in 20 minutes." Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. Problem is, the lunches are not at all tailored for a working person. Or am I the only person who does not pack small appliances in her briefcase or have the workings of a full kitchen during the day? Sauteed salmon....sure....that'll happen.

So here's my dilemma. I do like salads. But not 5 days a week. Health issues force me to eat low fat/low sodium. I often make my own soup (we do have a microwave). But what else?

Do you have any healthy ideas for lunches that a nice and portable; that can be eaten on my mousepad? Oh, I mean place mat of course.... :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I have 15-20 minutes for lunch! Here is what I brought today:

Hummus
    Carrots
    string cheese
    gluten free crackers
    Kashi Granola bar

That, along with a few snack throughout the day (almonds, yogurt) keeps me pretty happy and energized.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I boil and shred a few chicken breasts on the weekends and use them for meals during the week at work--wraps, salads, sandwiches, etc.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I grill up some chicken (boneless/skinless) the day before (I don't reheat it I like my chicken cold) and pack minute ready to serve brown wild rice for my lunch at work... It's quick and simple plus really good for you. And for variety add the chicken to your salad on a different day...
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes make a sandwich but instead of bread I use lettuce leaves. But aside from salads, I usually make enough dinner for leftovers and bring them to work.