Back from Insanity!

Options
I started university as a competitive runner, an athlete and a health nut who weighed 110 pounds. I finished university at 150 pounds, asthmatic and extremely unhealthy. After university I worked very hard to lose my "freshmen 40" and got back down to 115 pounds. I maintained this easily by sticking to natural starches, protein and my weekly dessert on Sundays.

Then I met my spouse... Dating had it's tolls on my small figure, especially when my other half is 6'3" and 150ish pounds and is able to eat whatever he wants. After this past Christmas, I was disgusted with myself. I could barely look in the mirror and each time I tried to squeeze into my jeans I got more and more upset. I was back up to 140 pounds and couldn't believe I had let myself go that far.

Well, today I completed my 63rd day of Insanity. I won't lie, it was tough... some days I would pop my disc into the DVD player and sit on the couch and think "Do I really have the energy for this today?!" But I pushed through and am so glad I did.

The results in the 2nd month were amazing but I can't give all the credit to Insanity. Abs do start in the kitchen, and about 2 hours a day I was prepping food and cooking to fuel my body for the insane workouts. I cut out all added sugars, upped my protein and stuck to natural starches for the entire 2 months. It meant saying no to a lot of foods, or eating a couple bites of someone else's just to get the taste. This is my life... and will be forever. Sometimes I forget I'm only 5 foot nothing and need a whole 1500 calories to maintain my petite figure. If I want that treat, I have to work for it.

So my measurements:
Bust: 36 to 34" (Lost 2")
Chest: 34 to 31" (Lost 3")
Waist: 31 to 26.5" (Lost 4.5")
Hips: 40 to 37.5" (Lost 2.5")
Thighs: 23 to 21" (Lost 2")

Weight: 141 to 127 pounds (Lost 14 pounds)

The first two pictures are of me on January 13th of this year on Day 1 and the second two pictures are of me on March 17th, 2014 on Day 63.

DSC_1410_zpse7cafad9.jpg

DSC_1406_zps90eea8d0.jpg

DSC_1464_zpsc4fdb4a9.jpg

DSC_1460_zps86e72c53.jpg

Next steps for me:
I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred today to give my body a bit of a break. After the snow is gone, I will begin running again. I have a 5K Dirty Girls run in August. I will pair Insanity with my running program for the summer and then redo insanity completely next winter. Next year at this time I plan to be back down to 115 pounds, and will begin marathon training again.

I feel amazing inside and out. It's amazing what a difference 63 days can have!

Replies

• wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You certainly have good determination!!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Really. I love the rotation to keep it interesting too.

And cute glasses!
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I followed your food journal and I saw just how healthy you have been! That was my main pitfall - I ate better than I used to, but with kids - eating healthy all the time became difficult. I still maintained my calorie goal and tried hard... But I could've been better with food.

Your results are tremendous, congrats on finishing insanity!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look great Michelle! I can really see the progress... keep it up :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Insanity really works!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What a difference - you look great!
  • aimeemottershead
    aimeemottershead Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look great! keep up the good work :)
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! good job!
  • Lina_Loo_15
    Options
    Awesome! Insanity is incredibly difficult so wow! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!